Architect fees

purejoy

Nov 6, 2006
Can anyone tell me what are the estimated costs for a complete architectural plan for a 500 sqm villa on the north shore ?

divingmarky

Feb 27, 2006
$14 per meter Sq thats what I have been quoted. That includes 5 sets of plans covering all construction even plumbing and electrics. I am currently going throught the process. The cost of the plans is less than all the taxes and permissions that have to be paid. Any further questions PM me.

Dolores1

DR1
May 3, 2000
www.
I would think the price depends on how well known the architect is. I believe the better known architects will charge much more than that. Some architects will also charge you 15% of the construction project. If you choose wisely, you may find an architect who will save you money, even with you paying him 15%. Remember, architects will get a discount on construction materials, and they will reduce the number of mistakes you make. Also, the architect who does the plans should be the one who continues the work, as there are numerous smaller matters that will have to be decided as the work gets underway. The experience of the architect is invaluable there.

purejoy

Nov 6, 2006
Thank you for the reply.
Can you recommend a good architect in the north shore. My project is in the cabrera area.

divingmarky

Feb 27, 2006
Hi My quote of $14 was just for the plans if i want thier supervisory service while my villa is being built then that is extra. I think my architects quoted 1.5% of the total build costs for supervision. But I am not sure on that since I am still pondering if I want a supervisor.