View Poll Results: What is the age difference between you and your spouse?

Voters
72. You may not vote on this poll
  • Up to 10 years

40 55.56%
  • Up to 20 years

17 23.61%
  • Up to 30 years

7 9.72%
  • Up to 40 years

5 6.94%
  • Up to 50 years

1 1.39%
  • More than 50 years

2 2.78%
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Are DR1ers perverts or is love blind to age difference?

Poll's Forum Moderator
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Are DR1ers perverts or is love blind to age difference?

What is the age difference between you and your spouse?

A) Up to 10 years

B) Up to 20 years

C) Up to 30 years

D) Up to 40 years

E) Up to 50 years

F) More than 50 years

BTW: This poll was initially suggested to me a few months ago, but I decided that I was not going to post it. However, the same person recently started asking me again to post his desired poll. With a few modifications to the original question, this is the result.
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------

This poll will automatically close itself on November 19, 2006.

-NALs

Silver
    Post Thanks / Like

This is going to be good

Post Thanks / Like

Hi Nals
    does it have to be a Dominican spouse or any spouse count? What about an ex spouse?

Post Thanks / Like

Love the title. Next poll: When did you stop beating your wife?

Poll's Forum Moderator
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by AnnaC View Post
    Hi Nals
    does it have to be a Dominican spouse or any spouse count? What about an ex spouse?
    No ex spouse.

I suppose any spouse would count.

If the person who suggested this poll does not posts otherwise, then that should be the prevailing assumption.

-NALs

Retired Ussername
    Post Thanks / Like

Thumbs down

With a title like this to your question NALs, I demand that one possible answer is "F_ _ _ You!!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by NALs View Post

No ex spouse.

-NALs
    Ok so I'm out of this one then

Gold
    Post Thanks / Like

I will answer your question without picking one of your choices. Actually, I will just make a few points that I think the majority of visitors to this country do not know:

-- The Dominican culture does not have the stigma surrounding age differences in relationships that most cultures do

-- You will frequently see Dominican men in their 50's with girlfriends in their early 20's

-- Those same girls seek out older men. It is very common and accepted.

-- No one bats an eye when they see Dominicans do this but if a tourists does this and posts a pic on DR1, he is a pervert

Who are any of you to sit back at your computers and vote what someone else does, who they date, etc? If the girl is of age, then mind your buisness.

Larry

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by GringoCArlos View Post
    With a title like this to your question Nals, I demand that one possible answer is "F_ _ _ You!!
    I have to say something here. Whether you like or hate Nals he has first of all been asked by Robert to do polls and then he doesn't always pick the subject or the title so beating him up isn't the solution.

If DR1ers had more guts they should ask to have their username in the poll as the person who asked Nals to do this or any other poll.

Poll's Forum Moderator
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Larry View Post
    I will answer your question without picking one of your choices. Actually, I will just make a few points that I think the majority of visitors to this country do not know:

-- The Dominican culture does not have the stigma surrounding age differences in relationships that most cultures do

-- You will frequently see Dominican men in their 50's with girlfriends in their early 20's

-- Those same girls seek out older men. It is very common and accepted.

-- No one bats an eye when they see Dominicans do this but if a tourists does this and posts a pic on DR1, he is a pervert

Who are any of you to sit back at your computers and vote what someone else does, who they date, etc? If the girl is of age, then mind your buisness.

Larry
    Larry, I'm aware of that, in fact in most Latin American countries a large age difference will not raise an eyebrow.

However, this is DR1 and a good chunck of the members here don't live in Latin America, even more don't know of the cultural differences between their homeland and the DR (except the obvious differences which don't take much to notice).

For that reason the title was created as it is, because if it would have been the first part of the title many would make comments such as yours. Also, if the title would have been the latter part alone, others would have made comments contrary to yours.

And, depending on how the poll develops with the votes, such comments will appear (insinuating where the poster who is giving his/her opinion is living, obviously not in the DR eventhough some Dominicans are repulsed to seeing older men marrying young ladies).

Personally, I see no problem with older men marrying young ladies, as long that its based on mutual chemistry and understanding. But, this poll is not about what people think about this subject, but rather what is the prevailing marriage pattern among DR1ers who have spouses when it comes to age difference.

Any discussion regarding this issue of whether or not its revolting or accepting is what the posts under the poll are for.

-NALs

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast