Are DR1ers perverts or is love blind to age difference?

What is the age difference between you and your spouse?

• Up to 10 years

Votes: 40 56.3%
  • Up to 20 years

Votes: 17 23.9%
  • Up to 30 years

Votes: 6 8.5%
  • Up to 40 years

Votes: 5 7.0%
  • Up to 50 years

Votes: 1 1.4%
  • More than 50 years

Votes: 2 2.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

NALs

Economist by Profession
Jan 20, 2003
What is the age difference between you and your spouse?

A) Up to 10 years

B) Up to 20 years

C) Up to 30 years

D) Up to 40 years

E) Up to 50 years

F) More than 50 years

BTW: This poll was initially suggested to me a few months ago, but I decided that I was not going to post it. However, the same person recently started asking me again to post his desired poll. With a few modifications to the original question, this is the result.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------

This poll will automatically close itself on November 19, 2006.

-NALs

AnnaC

Gold
Jan 2, 2002
Hi Nals
does it have to be a Dominican spouse or any spouse count? What about an ex spouse?

NALs

Economist by Profession
Jan 20, 2003
Hi Nals
does it have to be a Dominican spouse or any spouse count? What about an ex spouse?
No ex spouse.

I suppose any spouse would count.

If the person who suggested this poll does not posts otherwise, then that should be the prevailing assumption.

-NALs

GringoCArlos

Retired Ussername
Jan 9, 2002
With a title like this to your question NALs, I demand that one possible answer is "F_ _ _ You!!

Larry

Gold
Mar 22, 2002
I will answer your question without picking one of your choices. Actually, I will just make a few points that I think the majority of visitors to this country do not know:

-- The Dominican culture does not have the stigma surrounding age differences in relationships that most cultures do

-- You will frequently see Dominican men in their 50's with girlfriends in their early 20's

-- Those same girls seek out older men. It is very common and accepted.

-- No one bats an eye when they see Dominicans do this but if a tourists does this and posts a pic on DR1, he is a pervert

Who are any of you to sit back at your computers and vote what someone else does, who they date, etc? If the girl is of age, then mind your buisness.

Larry

AnnaC

Gold
Jan 2, 2002
With a title like this to your question Nals, I demand that one possible answer is "F_ _ _ You!!

I have to say something here. Whether you like or hate Nals he has first of all been asked by Robert to do polls and then he doesn't always pick the subject or the title so beating him up isn't the solution.

If DR1ers had more guts they should ask to have their username in the poll as the person who asked Nals to do this or any other poll.:devious:

NALs

Economist by Profession
Jan 20, 2003
I will answer your question without picking one of your choices. Actually, I will just make a few points that I think the majority of visitors to this country do not know:

-- The Dominican culture does not have the stigma surrounding age differences in relationships that most cultures do

-- You will frequently see Dominican men in their 50's with girlfriends in their early 20's

-- Those same girls seek out older men. It is very common and accepted.

-- No one bats an eye when they see Dominicans do this but if a tourists does this and posts a pic on DR1, he is a pervert

Who are any of you to sit back at your computers and vote what someone else does, who they date, etc? If the girl is of age, then mind your buisness.

Larry
Larry, I'm aware of that, in fact in most Latin American countries a large age difference will not raise an eyebrow.

However, this is DR1 and a good chunck of the members here don't live in Latin America, even more don't know of the cultural differences between their homeland and the DR (except the obvious differences which don't take much to notice).

For that reason the title was created as it is, because if it would have been the first part of the title many would make comments such as yours. Also, if the title would have been the latter part alone, others would have made comments contrary to yours.

And, depending on how the poll develops with the votes, such comments will appear (insinuating where the poster who is giving his/her opinion is living, obviously not in the DR eventhough some Dominicans are repulsed to seeing older men marrying young ladies).

Personally, I see no problem with older men marrying young ladies, as long that its based on mutual chemistry and understanding. But, this poll is not about what people think about this subject, but rather what is the prevailing marriage pattern among DR1ers who have spouses when it comes to age difference.

Any discussion regarding this issue of whether or not its revolting or accepting is what the posts under the poll are for.

-NALs

NALs

Economist by Profession
Jan 20, 2003
I have to say something here. Whether you like or hate Nals he has first of all been asked by Robert to do polls and then he doesn't always pick the subject or the title so beating him up isn't the solution.

If DR1ers had more guts they should ask to have their username in the poll as the person who asked Nals to do this or any other poll.:devious:
Thanks AnnaC.

However, I did picked the title (meant to show the different views regarding age and marriage many members of this site might feel). What I did not picked was the subject.

The original question was going to be something I know those DR1ers who love to attack would use to do just that, so I modified it, asked the DR1er who suggested such poll if he agreed with the question and answers, he said yes and voila, this poll was born.

Comments like GringoCarlos are uncalled for, but what can anyone expect when everyone have a right to say what they please? At least on this forum they won't be censured unless it really irritates me (then I'll do what I have to do to get a post removed or an intrusive non-polls thread created by someone else on this forum removed), and few things on earth actually irritates me because I believe everyone has a right to express their opinions at least once.

I may not agree with them, I may even be offended, but they have a right to say it at least once.

Again, thanks.:smoke:

-NALs

something_of_the_night

Has left the building...
Feb 7, 2006

Either no one is really asking for polls or the pollster is biased towards certain folks - The Kid has openly asked Nals twice for a specific poll, but nooooooooooooooooo!

Ricardo900

Silver
Jul 12, 2004

I confess, my spouse is 29 years younger than me, it was I who voted in the up to 30 column, not Chuck:classic:

NALs

Economist by Profession
Jan 20, 2003
Either no one is really asking for polls or the pollster is biased towards certain folks - The Kid has openly asked Nals twice for a specific poll, but nooooooooooooooooo!
I don't take such suggestions on public forums seriously.

It's hard to tell if a person is commenting such in a sincere manner or if the person is simply trying to insult, since every time you have asked for your requested polls they usually were preceded by attacks or criticism towards me from your part.

If you are truly interested in having your questions placed as a poll, do as everyone else does, send me a PM! That's the only way I take such requests seriously.

-NALs

something_of_the_night

Has left the building...
Feb 7, 2006
I don't take such suggestions on public forums seriously.

It's hard to tell if a person is commenting such in a sincere manner or if the person is simply trying to insult, since every time you have asked for your requested polls they usually were preceded by attacks or criticism towards me from your part.
If you are truly interested in having your questions placed as a poll, do as everyone else does, send me a PM! That's the only way I take such requests seriously.

-NALs

What?

Buddy, since the time you came on board with your 10-terrabytes-long essays, I've been defending you. The DR Debates forum is full of posts from TB and CCcc disregarding anything you wrote then. It was I who carried you, PMing the world, asking them to pay attention to the new kid in town, the 21st-Century golo. I bragged about how tough your skin was, especially after CCcc would go to town on you. And I even defended you when others felt betrayed after you finally admitted you were NOT in the DR fulltime. Or even partime. And now the above diatribe from you???

NALs

Economist by Profession
Jan 20, 2003
What?

Buddy, since the time you came on board with your 10-terrabytes-long essays, I've been defending you. The DR Debates forum is full of posts from TB and CCcc disregarding anything you wrote then. It was I who carried you, PMing the world, asking them to pay attention to the new kid in town, the 21st-Century golo. I bragged about how tough your skin was, especially after CCcc would go to town on you. And I even defended you when others felt betrayed after you finally admitted you were NOT in the DR fulltime. Or even partime. And now the above diatribe from you???
You're going off topic!

Send me a PM if you want your poll to be posted, it's that simple.

BTW, what other screen names have you used before? I've been a member since 2003, Something in the night came on the DR1 train in February 2006.

That's quite a time gap to say "since the time you came on board with your 10-terrabytes-long essays, I've been defending you." Even more outrageous for this comment: "It was I who carried you, PMing the world, asking them to pay attention to the new kid in town, the 21st-Century golo." since this "new kid in town" has been around for 2 years prior to your first post in February.

Unless you used to log in with another screen name, I will have to take such comments in shaky terms. If it turns out to be true, well then thanks, but....:rolleyes:

Not to mention the fact that all you have to do is send a PM and the poll will be created. It's that simple, everybody else does it and so should you.

Any other off topic comment will be erased.

-NALs:eek:

Lambada

Gold
Mar 4, 2004
www.ginniebedggood.com
Hilarious poll Nals, well done. :laugh: And the title certainly got my attention on the Forums Index page, where all you see is first part of question. Have to admit I was a little disappointed when I found out it was about something as harmless as age difference............... I mean when you think about all the things some people here could be perverted about........:ermm:

Anyway, quick question. By spouse, are you defining as legally married. Or will living in sin do?

AnnaC

Gold
Jan 2, 2002
The new kid is an old kid who's been around with a few usernames :laugh: He's been really good with this one though ;) Good boy, sit, roll over :laugh:

Status
Not open for further replies.