Santiago - Jarabacao

PhillyJames

Jul 6, 2006
Hello..

I am planning a trip in the Spring to Santiago and Jarabacao. I am renting a car at the airport, and wanted to know if anyone has any information, tips, directions from airport to Hotel Platino and/or what a trip from Santiago to Jarabacoa will entail.

Thanks.

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
Very simple.
Just follow the road out of the airport. It will point you towards Santiago.When you reach the Avenida Monumental (last stoplight, next to MERCAVEN) stay to the right. At the fork, about 250 yards up the road, go to the right, then stay on the left and take the left UNDER the highway to Platino. Go slow, it is confusing.

From Santiago, go south until you see five smokestacks. Stay to the right. Take the exit from the highway, at the light you go Southwest (sort of, between the Texaco station and the Industrial park.) Follow that road to Jarabacoa..

HB

PhillyJames

Jul 6, 2006
Thanks for the directions...

Any suggestions for a day or two in Santiago?? We will spend most of the trip in Jarabacoa, but will be in Santiago for a couple of days. I know there are several cigar factory tours, even maybe a Bermudez factory tour. Any info about these? My crew enjoys a good time, chilling at the bar with locals, too.