Dehydration

Status
Not open for further replies.

canadian bob

Bronze
Jan 16, 2002
This is to remind/inform all readers about the signs/remedies of dehydration.
It is important to remember that thirst is often one of the last signs of dehydration. The color of your urine is an easy way to determine if you are drinking enough. If it is dark & strong smelling & if you are urinating infrequently, it is a sign of dehydration. Pale,no strong odor means you probably have good water balance. Signs of dehydration include fatigue, headache, dizzyness, nausea & dry mouth/lips.
Alcohol, such as beer can cause the body to lose water, so does coffee, tea and dark soft drinks. Always drink water after any of these.
Don't forget your pets, which also need extra water during heat waves.
Enjoy the sun in moderation! Canadian Bob.

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
ok, now i have a question. i go to the loo like 20 times a day but i drink maybe 5 glasses of water. or less.
am i dehydrated?
i feel no need to drink more liquids, in fact i FORCE myself to drink anything!

Ricardo900

Silver
Jul 12, 2004
ok, now i have a question. i go to the loo like 20 times a day but i drink maybe 5 glasses of water. or less.
am i dehydrated?
i feel no need to drink more liquids, in fact i FORCE myself to drink anything!

You may have an enlarge prostate

Ricardo900

Silver
Jul 12, 2004
i am a woman. can i have prostate problems?

I'm joking:)
You don't have a prostate gland, but going to the bathroom 20 times a day is too much from drinking 5 glasses of water, kidney problems, bladder infections, who knows? But you need to go see your physician.

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
ok. i am getting worried.
doctor in DR? he'll send me for a 100 expensive tests....
and i still have a bruise and wound from my blood test at migracion 5 weeks ago!

Ricardo900

Silver
Jul 12, 2004
Try Webmd.com, but there's a host of problems that can be tied to frequent urination, eventually you will need a check-up.

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
ever since i came to this country i have been pestered by diseases.

first never-ending flu, then mosquitos eat me alive and the bites turn into wounds that get infected. i get bitten by ants and scratch the skin out of my feet. i get "mild eye infection" due to dust and light exposure and i have to go out with sunglasses and umbrella. my motion sickness gets out of control and i walk to work (not good for my eyes). then my shoes tear out the remnants of the feet skin. i get up four or five times at night to get to the loo, on a way back to bed i get bitten by the cat and i hit the door frame thus getting additional scratches and bruises. i go to migracion for a blood test and then have a blue arm for weeks. finally even the fleas prefer to bite me than my cat (he got the anti-flea injection at the vets).

did i miss anything?

ah, i and i got two spots on my face.

M.A.R.

Silver
Feb 18, 2006
Dehydratiion probably happens to many when going to the DR. Because of all the beer and alcohol drinking, the sunbathing, the extra physical activities that go with a vacation. When I stayed at the resort I went to the market to buy bottled water, I try to keep water handy at all times, especially when dancing and drinking alcoholic beverages.

A.Hidalgo

Silver
Apr 28, 2006
ever since i came to this country i have been pestered by diseases.

first never-ending flu, then mosquitos eat me alive and the bites turn into wounds that get infected. i get bitten by ants and scratch the skin out of my feet. i get "mild eye infection" due to dust and light exposure and i have to go out with sunglasses and umbrella. my motion sickness gets out of control and i walk to work (not good for my eyes). then my shoes tear out the remnants of the feet skin. i get up four or five times at night to get to the loo, on a way back to bed i get bitten by the cat and i hit the door frame thus getting additional scratches and bruises. i go to migracion for a blood test and then have a blue arm for weeks. finally even the fleas prefer to bite me than my cat (he got the anti-flea injection at the vets).

did i miss anything?

ah, i and i got two spots on my face.

As far as I know no member here is a doctor. Schedule an appointment and get a good check up no matter the price. A persons health is numero uno.

Btw sounds like minovio is slaking here.

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
all this complaining and i am not even having "my days"!
will schedule an appointment as soon as insurance arrives....
guess i have no immunity to local bugs and bacterias....

M.A.R.

Silver
Feb 18, 2006
all this complaining and i am not even having "my days"!
will schedule an appointment as soon as insurance arrives....
guess i have no immunity to local bugs and bacterias....

do you use a net over your bed,if not you must get one. don't use perfumed soaps or lotion, mosquitoes are attracted to these.

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
i have a net. hard to buy fragrance-free cosmetics here. i use least smelly ones. problem is i cannot help scratching. i scratch and i scratch....

M.A.R.

Silver
Feb 18, 2006
i have a net. hard to buy fragrance-free cosmetics here. i use least smelly ones. problem is i cannot help scratching. i scratch and i scratch....

for the itching and scratching - "santo remedio" - calamine lotion, must get it immediatly.

oh and I hear that vicks vapor rub is excellent to put on as soon as the mosquito bites.

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
thanx for all the help, will ask minovio to get me the magic formula....
i used to be so pretty... now scratches and bites wherever you look.
;-(

azabache

Apr 25, 2006
Frequent urination could also be the side effect of prescription medication
that you might be taking--as in diuretics for example. I agree with M.A.R.'s observation about the alcoholic beverages too. When I go to the DR I always bring powdered Gatorade with me and from time to time add it to the bottled water. I'm not trying to sound like a doctor but I believe it helps to normalize electrolytes in the blood. Sometimes it's more satisfying than plain water.

Status
Not open for further replies.