Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
    Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Tick medicine for Dog

I've been to two vets and they have sold me several items. Nothing has worked. What do you use to keep ticks off your dog? And is there something to treat the area where the dog lives? Thanks.

And - I HATE VERIZON!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Honorificabilitudinitatibus
    Post Thanks / Like

I use a vet service for Bruno, but in the days when I did it myself, for good ole' Rocky, supreme stinky beast and tick hotel, nothing but nothing worked better than Frontline drops you put on his shoulder blades.
    Cleaning with diesel fuel helps to get rid of ticks, (Not on the dog... The floors)

Gold
    Post Thanks / Like

We just had a delivery of Frontline from UK thanks to a very nice friend. Yes it works if used correctly. And you can get it here.

Gold
    Post Thanks / Like

Advantix is another solution

Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

You say Frontline works if used correctly. What is the secret. If this is the small triangular tube...I tried it and it did not work.

I bought this shampoo the other day. The vet said, "mejor mejor". Okay I take it home and give ole Mickey a good shampoo. Then I proceeded to clean his area real good. I sprayed the yard around his area with a potent bug killer. I thought, that should do it. Four days later my wife says to come and see Mickey. He has probably 70 ticks on him. I was shocked. The ticks here must love that shampoo. Now I am ****ed off. I want a f&&king solution now. So tell me how to use the damn Frontline correctly...cause I must be retarded.

Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

Rocky, tell me about the vet service. What is that the scam. Sell products that don't work so you have to use the vet service? Hey I'm all for figuring out the scam and then adapting.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Lambada View Post
    We just had a delivery of Frontline from UK thanks to a very nice friend. Yes it works if used correctly. And you can get it here.
    That's good to know.
    I couldn't find it anywhere a year or two ago.
    If Frontline shoulder drops don't work, nothing will.

Post Thanks / Like

Default I'm a bit slow

Quote Originally Posted by Snuffy View Post
    Rocky, tell me about the vet service. What is that the scam. Sell products that don't work so you have to use the vet service? Hey I'm all for figuring out the scam and then adapting.
    I got distracted and was slow to post my last post.
    Yes, that is the product we are talking about.
    If you have used it correctly and it did not work, then I'm stumped.
    The vet service is actually Judy's Pet Lodge.
    She's a vet's assistant and has a variety of services.
    Anyhow, she comes and picks Bruno up once a month, they bathe him with special shampoo, give him any shots that are due, and brings him back squeaky clean, and he never gets ticks.
    If I remember correctly, you live in Santo Domingo, so you can forget about Judy's service.
    I don't know what else to suggest.

Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

Thanks Rocky. He never gets ticks. That sounds so nice. I forge onward.

Silver
    Post Thanks / Like

We also use front line and have for years in the US and since getting here. We have found a very rare tick on the dog with the frontline, but all seem to be dead. In the last 3months we have found 4 ticks so it must be working. The vet (Dela Cruz) says that even with the frontline a rare tick is to be expected.

Bob K

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast