Paraiso del Sol

Status
Not open for further replies.

drp63

Oct 30, 2006
We just booked a week at Paraiso del Sol. Does anyone have feedback about the facility, food, beach, clientele, etc.???

ggparts

Mar 20, 2003
I really know where it is

In fact it is East of Cabarette (read past Cabbarette from Sosua not between) a bit too far to walk into town (that was my biggest disappointment) so seems a bit isolated.
It's been a few years but the complex certainly lived up to the three star rating it had at that time. Quite a large complex with several cottage type villas in the older section and a few of the typical three story buildings with more modern rooms.
One dining area near the pool with the standard AI repetitive buffet cr*p plastic tables and chairs pretty much the standard of DR AI 3 star complexes. Another restaurant with wooden tables and chars table clothes etc (same food) and at least one ala carte (Italian I thing rest )
The beach is OK with as alway not enough chairs or shade. The pool is pretty nice but busty with kids as I remember.
Typical DR staff either lethargic or falsely enthusiastic.
Make sure you don't spend all of your time in the complex get out and discover the rest of the country side (not just the town of Cabarette)
You will love it if you just let it just be the DR and don't judge it against North American standards and values.

jrf

Bronze
Jan 9, 2005
I stayed there twice. Great staff, very friendly, rooms are nice and clean.
Is a bit far to walk to Cabarete but take a taxi or guagua.
Food is pretty good. On average a good place to stay.

ggparts

Mar 20, 2003
I stand corrected. Thanks, ggparts.
Is it the old Sea Grape complex?

Sea Grape was still there when I was there. You turn off the highway like you were going to Sea Grape but when you get to SG you turn east and 1-200 meters the complex spans on both sides of the road.
Gerry

jojo2130

May 30, 2005
I stayed exclusively there

It is an Amsha Marina Resort.........

I like it BECAUSE it is outside of Cabarete and you can escape the night madness there. It is about a nice 30-40 minute walk down the beach to the center of Cabarete. Or the Taxis are about 200 Pesos ..........
Domingo is an Excellent Cabbie there.
Don't be afraid to walk into the Barrios and if you go the opposite direction of Cabarete down the beach you will come to Laguna Restaurant and will be able tio have a wonderful experience.
The Hotel has 3 pools . 1 BIG pool, 1 Busier Bar pool near the beach and a smaller pool directly behind the Reception area.
There are a few restaurants nearby la Tortuga (Charlie is an Excellent cook)

The beach is clean , the water is rough.

It was my favorite haunt. But I live here now.

It is secure and clean ............

its an excellent mid range hotel.

People are friendly.
Don't count on 5 star amenities.
Ask for Elena and tell her LOL sent you ! She sits in the reception Lobby near the store there. She will know who I am........
She is the VIP manager there and can pull strings if deemed necessary....
She will make sure that your stay goes as smoothly as possible.

If you are going there with 5 star expectations. You will not like it.
If you are going there to relax, and make friends Dominican style and want to be able to venture at times to both the Barrios and the Cabartete/Sosua nightlife and tourist attractions then you WILL like it.

Enjoy !

Joe

Status
Not open for further replies.