Car propane conversion

Heythere

Feb 24, 2005
I am considering converting my jeepetica to propane. I drive a fair bit for my work. I spend RD1500 a week on gasoline. I recently read that the government subsidy on propane for cars was going to be stopped in February. So my question is, is it still worth doing the conversion?

Second question is does anyone recommend a good place to get the conversion done and what is the cost?

Rocky

Honorificabilitudinitatibus
Apr 4, 2002
www.rockysbar.com
I am considering converting my jeepetica to propane. I drive a fair bit for my work. I spend RD1500 a week on gasoline. I recently read that the government subsidy on propane for cars was going to be stopped in February. So my question is, is it still worth doing the conversion?

Second question is does anyone recommend a good place to get the conversion done and what is the cost?
There have been several threads about the same, and the long and short of it is that the conversions in this country are highly damaging to your engine, and, like you said, the subsidies will soon be cut off.

mountainfrog

On Vacation!
Dec 8, 2003
www.domrep-info.com
1 - 4

... I recently read that the government subsidy on propane for cars was going to be stopped in February. So my question is, is it still worth doing the conversion?
1. Get a quotation on the conversion. (Shops are all over the place in SD and Stgo.)
2. Go to
Secretaria de Estado de Insdustria y Comercio
3. Calculate with subsidized and unsubsidized prices.
4. I only subsidized LPG is worth while, wait until February.

m'frog