DNS - Internet - Follow Up

Squat

Tropical geek in Las Terrenas
Jan 1, 2002
Votre bande passante actuelle : 1212.5 kbps

This is on my 768kb/s download "internet flash" !!!

:)

Rocky

Honorificabilitudinitatibus
Apr 4, 2002
www.rockysbar.com
It would seem that Verizon is experiencing some speed difficulties right now.
Murphy's Law, I guess.
Has nothing to do with the new DNS numbers.

Rocky

Apr 4, 2002
www.rockysbar.com
Anybody in the DR, available to do speed tests right now?
Our internet is down to a crawl, and the dummies at Verizon haven't got a clue, as usual, and I would like to know if it's local around the Sosua area or all over the country.

Rocky

Apr 4, 2002
www.rockysbar.com
It's been up and down for 2 or 3 hours now.
I checked with friends here in Sosua, same problem.
Of course, the brainless wonders who answer your calls at Verizon, are so detached from reality and under qualified, that they are more concerned with telling me how I will have to pay for the techie to come to my house, if they discover it's my equipment at fault, and not their problem, that they forget to bother to do their job, which would be TO FIX THE DAMN THING.
As I spoke to the unhelpful pea brain at Verizon, I walked over to the internet café next door, and handed the dude the phone, so that he could tell him his internet was slow too, but somehow this info reached his ears, but not his cerebrum, as he continues to ask me to unplug this and that, and switch this and that, etc.
I'm convinced that it is a prerequisite to have lower intelligence than your average squirrel, to get to be a Verizon operator.
To make matters worse, they insult my intelligence by playing their stupid math game with me, by telling me that the problem will be attended to within "48 horas laborables"..
What does that mean?
48 working hours.
What does that truly mean?
40 working hours in a week, and I placed the call late on a Friday afternoon, so it could be fixed, 2 Mondays from now, or at least, that's when the technician should show up.
They are incompetents of the highest order.

Rocky

Apr 4, 2002
www.rockysbar.com
Back up to speed again, no thanks to our friendly Verizon operators.
Back on topic, changing those DNS numbers, should improve your surfing.

vince1956

On Vacation!
May 24, 2006
Thought i would put this info on here OK ROCKY

Is your fan on your hard drive working hard take off the cover and clean out the fan you will be suprised :bunny: how much dust will be there PS DONT FORGET THE VENTS

macocael

Bronze
Aug 3, 2004
www.darkhorseimages.com
Follow up on DNS numbers and Verizon service

I was wondering if anyone is experiencing problems again, because for me the same trouble came up, largely having to do with being unable to access various Google sites: gmail, Blogger and the search engine. Slow, sometimes inaccessible.

this time I was told to do a traceroute test. I performed several, and while I dont really understand it all, I came up with some odd results: First of all, the both sites I tried (traceroute.org and VisualRoute traceroute software, ping test, ip address location, trace route, tracert, ip locations ) automatically assigned me a DNS server number that was not the original batch that Rocky gave us , nor this other more recent batch. This was instead, 200.88.102.136 Both of them assigned this same number automatically. The test came out pretty well and apparently I shouldnt be having problems (indeed today I dont appear to be having as much problem as yesterday) but that test was using this new number. When I input the number I have on my internet panel, then indeed problems occurred and there was 100percent packet loss, whatever that is. The route is traced to the states. Could this mean that Google services, which I think are coming to us here via their Argentinian servers, are somehow the problem then and not the DNS? I just dont quite get it.

And does that mean that we should all just input this new number, 200.88.102.136 ??

Rocky

Apr 4, 2002
www.rockysbar.com
Google & Gmail has been having trouble for the last two days, and Hotmail is almost impossible to use today.
Nothing to do with DNS numbers.

Chirimoya

Dec 9, 2002
It's not just me then. Gmail especially has been letting me down over the last three or four days.