Celebrate my wedding in sosua or puerto plata

Status
Not open for further replies.

mr809

Nov 10, 2006
Hello guys:
This is what im looking for. Im looking for a nice place to rent by the beach. I will have about 200 guests and i want it to be in sosua or puerto plata or any place near it.
It must be near the beach ;)
I would like to get 2 or 3 rooms for my closest family and friends.
Where can i rent a place like this?
Do you think The riu hotel might be a good option?
PLease help,
Martin

CyaBye3015

Bronze
Jan 8, 2003
Screw the wedding/honeymoon, simply buy her a house and a car, then move on to your next relationship. (The devil made me say that.)

MommC

On Vacation!
Mar 2, 2002
dr1.com
cyabye.....you forgot the visa to get out of the country.....:)
(yes..I'm in a foul mood this morning...sorry!)

Last edited:

Me_again

Bronze
Nov 21, 2004
"Screw the wedding/honeymoon, simply buy her a house and a car, then move on to your next relationship. (The devil made me say that.)"

Cyabye: do you have this text permanently in your clip-board waiting for the opportunity to be cynical?

Rocky

Honorificabilitudinitatibus
Apr 4, 2002
www.rockysbar.com
"Screw the wedding/honeymoon, simply buy her a house and a car, then move on to your next relationship. (The devil made me say that.)"

Cyabye: do you have this text permanently in your clip-board waiting for the opportunity to be cynical?
And the joke of the day is that the only serious answer on this thread, came from me, a firm believer in freedom and anti marriage.

planner

.............. ?
Sep 23, 2002
Maybe Mr 809 can tell us more please. Is this for 200 people who live in the country? Or is it for people coming from out of the country? While the RIU might work there are lots of other options.

Rocky - which hotels in Cabarete could handle 200 guests to a wedding.

OP - do you want a dinner, or just a ceremony? WHere is the party after?

Details honey then maybe we can help! Also, mention budget that will be important.

CyaBye3015

Bronze
Jan 8, 2003

Me_again, to answer your question, no I don't have "this text permanently" on my "clip-board." And yes I'm "cynical" about marriage.

I'll leave it at that because this thread is begging to digress.

Best wishes to you and your other half mr809.

Rocky

Apr 4, 2002
www.rockysbar.com
Rocky - which hotels in Cabarete could handle 200 guests to a wedding.
No Idea.
It's not my speciality.. Remember? I'm the anti-marriage guy.
I do know there are whole bunch of hotels on Cabarete beach, and I figure anyone with 2 fingers can Google up a list of hotels to email and ask.
I would be more inclined to help make funeral arrangements than weddings.

SosuaJoe

Feb 24, 2005
For when are you thinking of coming down? For how long?
Are you looking just for a place to host the wedding itself, or also for accommodation for your 200 guests? I gather from your post, you're looking for just a location to host the event itself.

Details, please :)

planner

.............. ?
Sep 23, 2002
Sorry Rocky I lost my head. Forgot who was posting....LOL So I take it we are not getting married now. Excuse me while I go drown my sorrows.....

Rocky

Apr 4, 2002
www.rockysbar.com
Sorry Rocky I lost my head. Forgot who was posting....LOL So I take it we are not getting married now. Excuse me while I go drown my sorrows.....
Don't get me wrong.
I can be as romantic as the next guy.
I love to love.
I just feel bad and sorry for anyone who gets sucked into a contract that cannot be executed.
When the parties promise to love each other 'till death do them part, then either they are dumb as hell, blind, or think they are gods, and can control their emotions, and love, because they decided to love.
It's completely ridiculous.
How can anyone honestly agree that they will love someone for life?
I mean, have they been living in a cave all their lives?
Do they have such a big bad case of the hornies that it has overpowered their upper brains?

What the heck is wrong with loving a person spending your time with them, living with them, helping them, taking care of them, without signing a contract?

planner

.............. ?
Sep 23, 2002
I agree Rocky, seems to me hormones get in the way of logic all the time. So, let's just live in sin......

jackieboo

On Vaction without a return ticket!
Mar 18, 2006
I agree with Rocky and I think marriage is a scam. It's a scam because it costs the family and friends of the victims lot's of time and money. Everyone generally is uncomfortable at weddings and very few people actually enjoy the whole production.

I think that the vows need to be changed to say 'will you agree to work on this relationship through the bad and the worst'. Most people that wed just dump and run when tuff times hit.

Live together, love together and make sure you have all of your promises notarized by a lawyer.

Pearl1

Aug 29, 2005
Venue suggestion for a wedding

Pier Giorgio is a lovely spot to look into for a wedding. It is in Sosua and I think would accomodate the 200 people.

Status
Not open for further replies.