Results 1 to 9 of 9

Thread: Lane Changes

  1. #1
    Regular
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    179
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default Lane Changes

    Why do they even bother with painting driving lines on the street if no one will ever consider staying in their respective lane. It is just horrible especially in Santo Domingo! I see the police view many morotest, but never cite the offender with a tickect or verbal warning.

  2. #2
    On Vacation!
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Posts
    3,061
    Post Thanks / Like

    Wink Lane System

    Quote Originally Posted by Wanna View Post
    ....respective lane.
    Huh, what's this?

    This country hasn't decided yet whether to opt for RH side traffic or LH.

    Here one simply uses the good side.

    m'frog

  3. #3
    Silver
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    2,594
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by mountainfrog View Post
    Huh, what's this?

    This country hasn't decided yet whether to opt for RH side traffic or LH.

    Here one simply uses the good side.

    m'frog
    And a double yellow line is for the motos to drive between.

  4. #4
    DR1
    Join Date
    May 1999
    Posts
    0
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Wanna View Post
    Why do they even bother with painting driving lines on the street if no one will ever consider staying in their respective lane. It is just horrible especially in Santo Domingo! I see the police view many morotest, but never cite the offender with a tickect or verbal warning.
    Because someone makes graft on the paint, the machine that paints the line, the contract with the Government etc etc....

  5. #5
    Bronze
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Posts
    1,233
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Wanna View Post
    Why do they even bother with painting driving lines on the street if no one will ever consider staying in their respective lane. It is just horrible especially in Santo Domingo! I see the police view many morotest, but never cite the offender with a tickect or verbal warning.
    Any road lines, signs or lights are nothing more than suggestions in the DR.

  6. #6
    Moderator
    Join Date
    Dec 2002
    Posts
    17,244
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Why do they bother installing L-R indicator lights in cars, for that matter?

  7. #7
    On Vacation!
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Posts
    1,024
    Post Thanks / Like

    Thumbs up Drive the same as them

    I find the way to drive in D/R is drive like them

  8. #8
    batich
    Guest

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by vince1956 View Post
    I find the way to drive in D/R is drive like them
    But in case of accident you won`t be treated like them unfortunatelly.

  9. #9
    Bronze
    Join Date
    May 2002
    Posts
    1,273
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    As time goes by you will learn to drive like them. I always run red lights and sometimes don't even stop. I do drive down the wrong side of street. I am very inconsiderate of those behind me and will block the lane until my business at colmado or whatever is done. And if I have had a few beers then watch out. I really don't give a fvck then. What baffles me is that these people will get very upset at my actions but when then proceed to do it to others when it is in their best interest.

    And Robert...........your going negative again.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •