Let's Remember Victims of Flight 587

El Tigre

El Tigre de DR1 - Moderator
Jan 23, 2003
Too sad...

I had looked at the passenger manifest and had not realized that there were 6 infants on that flight. How sad!!!

I remember this day like it was yesterday. I was working from home on that day and my coworkers called me to ask if my family was ok. We Dominicans are like an extended family here in NYC. I didn't know anyone on the flight but know someone that knew someone or someone that knew someone on the doomed plane.

I believe they are unvealing a monument in tribute to the victims today in Queens, NY.

I also want to take this opportunity to say that like many other accidents that have occured of this nature WE WILL NEVER TRULY KNOW the true cause of what caused the accident. I don't trust what the NTSB found as there are WAY too many theories out there. Some with a tremendous amount of credibility like found here - U.S.Read's Flight 587 Page I wasn't able to make up my mind with this accident. So therefore I am still hung on I DON'T KNOW. :paranoid:

A las victimas de ese horroroso acidente que descansen en paz.

pielmorena

Oct 23, 2006
We Dominicans are like an extended family here in NYC. I didn't know anyone on the flight but know someone that knew someone or someone that knew someone on the doomed plane.

Very true. I found out months later that a former co-worker of mine was on that flight. That's when it hit home.

I was at home when I saw the news and the first thing I did was pick up the phone and call my grandmother in Santiago just to let her know none of us were on that plane.

They did unveil a memorial today and I watched most of the service on NY1. Broke my heart to hear the little girl at the end read a poem.

I wasn't able to get a better picture of the memorial which was built about 15 blocks away from the crash site. Below is what I found:

NY1: Top Stories

miguel

I didn't last long...
Jul 2, 2003
It feels like yesterday...

One of the reasons why I drove to Jersey yesterday was because I didn't want to remember this anniversary.

Then, when today came, all I did was think about it.

So I ended-up driving to NY and visit my cousins.

Their mother, my aunt, was a passanger on that plane.

Now that I am home, all I want to do is forget about this day.

May my aunt and all the other passengers rest in peace.

Btw, thanks for remembering. It truly means a lot.

Last edited: