AI Day Pass Cost ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Steve Costa Azul

I love Rocky's Ribs!
Jul 15, 2006
When we are in the DR for 1 month, we thought it would be nice to get a day pass from a few different AI resorts to keep the kids entertained. Can anyone inform us the cost of these passes at any of the north coast hotels?
Thanks,
Steve

Caren M.

Jan 27, 2006
I am only familiar with Punta Cana but the Iberostars which also have a hotel in Puerta Plata cahrge $40 and $55US. The Ocean charges $40. Not sure if they have anything on the North coast. It is either 10AM-6PM or 6PM-midnight.

Malibook

Bronze
Jan 23, 2002
www.yourtraveltickets.com
I didn't realize people could buy a day pass without being the guest of someone with a room.

If you are talking about going to an AI for a day (including a room for the night), I think the cost is much more.

HOWMAR

Silver
Jan 28, 2004
Most of the Playa Dorada hotels offer Day Passes (10AM-6PM) which includes lunch or Evening Passes (6PM-closing) including dinner, for 35-45 $US. I'm sure most will discount for kids, depending on their age.

Janni

Mar 19, 2005
Day pass

I used to get a day pass into the Coral Marien in POP....it was $45 U.S. for the day. (which is from 10:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m.) You have access to unlimited booze and food.:cool:

planner

.............. ?
Sep 23, 2002
The price of a day pass is the same in almost all hotels on the north coast regardless of whether you are visiting a guest there or not.

It depends on the hotel - each one sets it's own rates - it depends when you are coming - prices go up during high season.

Let me know what kind of hotel you want to go to, what time of year and I can call and get you some prices.

Usually day passes are good from about 10 am to about 6 pm. YOu can also buy night passes which are good from 6pm to midnight or 2 am depending on whether they have a dance club on site.

Some hotels will restrict day passes if the hotel is full! Let me know what you are looking for.

Steve Costa Azul

I love Rocky's Ribs!
Jul 15, 2006
AI day pass

I didn't realize people could buy a day pass without being the guest of someone with a room.

If you are talking about going to an AI for a day (including a room for the night), I think the cost is much more.

Malibook
Yes, as far as I know, you can come in off the street and get a day pass which ables you to eat, drink, use pools, gym, use beach etc, everything except a room. A previous response stated that it was from 10:00 AM to 6:00 PM or 6:00 PM to 12 PM. That, I didn't know. It's a good way to compare hotels though without staying for a week or 2.
Thanks,
Steve Costa Azul

Last edited:

Steve Costa Azul

I love Rocky's Ribs!
Jul 15, 2006
Day Pass @ AI's

The price of a day pass is the same in almost all hotels on the north coast regardless of whether you are visiting a guest there or not.

It depends on the hotel - each one sets it's own rates - it depends when you are coming - prices go up during high season.

Let me know what kind of hotel you want to go to, what time of year and I can call and get you some prices.

Usually day passes are good from about 10 am to about 6 pm. YOu can also buy night passes which are good from 6pm to midnight or 2 am depending on whether they have a dance club on site.

Some hotels will restrict day passes if the hotel is full! Let me know what you are looking for.

Planner
Thanks for your help. We won't care too much which hotel it will be. If the prices don't differ too much, then obviously a higher star would be better. We've stayed at the Puerto Plata Village, Punta Goleta, PLaya Grande, Gran Ventana and the Riu Bachata twice. I hear the Iberstar is nice. It's different now because we have a villa with pool and will be staying there for 1 monthwith car. I am going to buy a trampoline when we are there for my kids. It's all about entertaining my kids for a solid month!
Thanks again,
Steve

planner

.............. ?
Sep 23, 2002
Sorry for the confusion - I will clarify

The price does not change if you are visiting a guest or walking in off the street! IT WILL change by star level of hotel and time of year.

Tell me the time of year and I will get some options for you!

HOWMAR

Silver
Jan 28, 2004

I am going to buy a trampoline when we are there for my kids.
Speaking from many years of EMS experience, please think about this very carefully.
My experience is that trampolines are second to diving accidents in producing spinal cord injuries.

Steve Costa Azul

I love Rocky's Ribs!
Jul 15, 2006
Speaking from many years of EMS experience, please think about this very carefully.
My experience is that trampolines are second to diving accidents in producing spinal cord injuries.

Howmar
From Dec 13 2006 for 1 month. Thanks for the advice re trampoline injury's.
My middle child is in competitive gymnastics here in Toronto (just east) and he has a birthday on Dec 17th turns 12. My other 2 should be safe as we will get the safety net with it too and demand it be used ALWAYS! I don't know if it will still be there the next time we go though seeing we are in Costa Azul and don't have the 2 metre fence around the property. Haven't decided yet to spend the $7000.00 US in getting the fence done or not. All this violence that has appeared recently has made me question about buying outside a true gated community.
Getting back to the trampoline safety issue. Are these injuries caused by flying off the thing or are there several while still staying on the thing and landing on your head or something?
Thanks,
Steve

HOWMAR

Silver
Jan 28, 2004
Howmar
From Dec 13 2006 for 1 month. Thanks for the advice re trampoline injury's.
My middle child is in competitive gymnastics here in Toronto (just east) and he has a birthday on Dec 17th turns 12. My other 2 should be safe as we will get the safety net with it too and demand it be used ALWAYS! I don't know if it will still be there the next time we go though seeing we are in Costa Azul and don't have the 2 metre fence around the property. Haven't decided yet to spend the $7000.00 US in getting the fence done or not. All this violence that has appeared recently has made me question about buying outside a true gated community.
Getting back to the trampoline safety issue. Are these injuries caused by flying off the thing or are there several while still staying on the thing and landing on your head or something?
Thanks,
Steve
A quick search reveals:

According to the American Association of Orthopedic Surgeons (AAOS), 246,875 medically treated trampoline injuries occur annually in the U.S. Of this total, 186,405 of these injuries occurred among children aged 14 or younger.

According to the U.S. Consumer Product Safety Commission (CPSC) hospital emergency room-treated trampoline injuries almost tripled in the last decade - from an estimated 37,500 in 1991 to almost 100,000 in 1999.

The commission has received reports of 11 deaths relating to trampoline use from 1990 to 1999. Those victims ranged in age from 3 to 43. Six were between the ages of 12 and 19.

Falls off the trampoline often resulted in crippling injury and/or death including paralysis from spinal cord injury. Somersaults and coming into contact with other persons on the trampoline's surface likewise resulted in many serious and crippling injuries as well as death.

Nearly two-thirds of trampoline injury victims were children 6 to 14 years of age.

About 15% of trampoline injuries involved young children under 6 years old.

In 1999, injuries to the leg/foot were reported most frequently, accounting for 40% of the total. Injuries to the arm/hand accounted for 29% of the total, head/face/neck accounted for 20%, and shoulder/trunk were associated 10% of the total.

Approximately 4% of all trampoline emergency-room treated injuries result in hospitalization.

Most trips to the emergency room are the result of jumpers colliding with one another, falling on the trampoline springs or frame, falling or jumping off the trampoline, or attempting somersaults and stunts.

In my personal experience, I have seen one death and one resultant quadriplegia from trampoline injuries. As you would demand competent spotters and professional supervision during your child's gymnastic activities, I can't believe you would settle for less with an obviously dangerous piece of equipment. As Chris Reeves learned the hard way, it's all fun and games until somebody gets hurt.

Sep 19, 2005
A quick search reveals:

According to the American Association of Orthopedic Surgeons (AAOS), 246,875 medically treated trampoline injuries occur annually in the U.S. Of this total, 186,405 of these injuries occurred among children aged 14 or younger.

According to the U.S. Consumer Product Safety Commission (CPSC) hospital emergency room-treated trampoline injuries almost tripled in the last decade - from an estimated 37,500 in 1991 to almost 100,000 in 1999.

The commission has received reports of 11 deaths relating to trampoline use from 1990 to 1999. Those victims ranged in age from 3 to 43. Six were between the ages of 12 and 19.

Falls off the trampoline often resulted in crippling injury and/or death including paralysis from spinal cord injury. Somersaults and coming into contact with other persons on the trampoline's surface likewise resulted in many serious and crippling injuries as well as death.

Nearly two-thirds of trampoline injury victims were children 6 to 14 years of age.

About 15% of trampoline injuries involved young children under 6 years old.

In 1999, injuries to the leg/foot were reported most frequently, accounting for 40% of the total. Injuries to the arm/hand accounted for 29% of the total, head/face/neck accounted for 20%, and shoulder/trunk were associated 10% of the total.

Approximately 4% of all trampoline emergency-room treated injuries result in hospitalization.

Most trips to the emergency room are the result of jumpers colliding with one another, falling on the trampoline springs or frame, falling or jumping off the trampoline, or attempting somersaults and stunts.

In my personal experience, I have seen one death and one resultant quadriplegia from trampoline injuries. As you would demand competent spotters and professional supervision during your child's gymnastic activities, I can't believe you would settle for less with an obviously dangerous piece of equipment. As Chris Reeves learned the hard way, it's all fun and games until somebody gets hurt.

dont let the democrats get a hold of that report......

bob

Status
Not open for further replies.