Prices

chiquittabanana

Feb 11, 2004
Can anybody get me prices for a "Planta Electrica" that can supply energy for a Villa of approx 575 Sq.m/6187Sq. And a sumergible pump?

When buying these items:
- How many horses of power should the Sumergible pump have to provide water for the above mentioned villa size?
- What are the brand names to look for?
- How big the "Planta" should be so we can get the house powered while electricity is gone in the area?
- Which brands are best?
- What should we look for on both items to be the good ones?

Thank you

CB

Criss Colon

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
yahoomail.com
You Need To Be VERY Specific With Your Needs

Have someone add up all the needs of every piece of electric you own. I have a Detroit Diesel Planta of 20 Kilos.They are a great brand,and are sold and maintained bt Santo Domingo Motors. It powers everything in my house. That includes 3 airconditioners of 18,000,15,000,and 10,000 BTUs. I have a well at 180 feet with a submersable pump as well. Three refrigerators ,4 TVs,many fans,lights,computer,microwave,iron,water heater, electric gate,aand the yard is lighted like a prison yard at night! :eek:gre: etc. Does that give you any idea??
cccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccc

chiquittabanana

Feb 11, 2004
Yes!!!!!!!

Cris,

This really gives me a great idea, as we don't have furniture in the house (still building), but I wanted to take advantage of the customs grace over the X-mas period and bring them down.

As I said the house is almost 600sq and we will have another little guest house in the back and a pool. AND YES,,, I want the prision-like setting for the backyard!!!!

So,,,,can you give me an idea of any prices for somenthing that can provide that much power?

Would it be worth it to bring it down over the X-mas period if I can get a good deal here?

Thank u

CB

Bear

Aug 15, 2006
Planta

I do not know how you plan to bring down a planta over Christmas.
I have a 36 kw Cummings Diesel Planta for which you need a good size truck
and hoist to get it delivered.
But back to your question. We purchased this planta in May of this Year for
about USD 17,500. Our house is over 600 sq.m. and we have two kitchens,
pool, about 105 lights, remote controlled gate and water pump to the house.
There is also a seperate casita with 2rooms and a bathroom.
You may also consider an inverter that powers some of the items in your
house without having to run the generator. Ours is 6 kw and cost about
USD 4,000.
Hope this helps.
Bear

chiquittabanana

Feb 11, 2004
That goes to show my true colour

Bear thank u for the informative reply.

My husband still laughing,,,I think I better leave the details of machinery to him, I had no idea of the size. '

I was thinking of a portable diesel generator,,, again I have seen them in the DR at restaurants and I was thinking that one we could get here (Kubota, GL Series, 7 kW (7 kVA), for about 5,000 was going to do the trick while avoiding the taxes on the customs brake.

I figured they would deduct the allowance of 1,500 and I would just pay tax on the balance of the total value.

Thanks again.

CB

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
The Kubota is a well known product. It will run just about everything you will put in your house. However, for big consumption, you might want to look at either a larger propane powered unit or at least a 15 kw diesel unit. We have a 20 kw Onan with a Cummins diesel. Runs two houses with lots of AC. A good, automatic transfer switch is a must.
You do need a good electrical engineer for this job...normal "electricistas" can end up costing you a small fortune...PM me if you need to consult.

HB