Direct TV Question Satellite?

koolaid6666

Sep 6, 2006
Will direct TV Work In Dominican republic? Satellite TV? I Know My Sirus Satellite radio works there what about the TV?

Texas Bill

Silver
Feb 11, 2003
www.texasbill.com
Works fine---

If you can find a card supplier that is honest and will keepthe card up to date in a timely manner.
Don't pick a "man on the street" to do the job, though, cause he won'tbe around when you need him.

Texas Bill

Domwolf

Mar 22, 2004
Directv Bad , Dishnet Good in DR

As of late last year Directv changed there footprint and some channels don't come in any more and signal gets very week in the rain.

DishNet has become the provider of choice, you need ( if you want ) to get all dishnet channels two Dishes one of 6ft and one of 4ft or just one of 6ft and a special bracket.

Bev ( Bell Canada ) has been know to have been able to get picked up here also. Same Deal.

If you want to got the freetv'er way Dishnet and Bev Good points is that with the FTA market going strong, you just need to get a FTA of your choice ( Me i love my ExtremeView Mangnum but also have a couple of pansats ) and just update yourself, no card , no guy with special technical powers etc, just you download a file and update your FTA unit, ready to go. As Directv you need to pay someone for a share sub, that last 3 months at a time.

Hope this Helps

Kemo

Nov 2, 2006
In regards to the signal there is direct tv in Puerto rico full blown. I think if there is signal in P.R there should be signal in D.R specially in around the east coast in punta cana!

There are only about 48 miles or less from Mayaguez to Punta Cana!!!

I have family in Cuba and they get U.S signal of Direct Tv in Havana off course it is prohibited by Cuban Goverment but they get it clearly!!!!

Now in regards to Directv let me warn you every time it rains you loose the signal this happens in Puerto rico were i live as well as in Miami were my sister lives it is a great value but digital cable is more stable! Remember you are now in the caribbean and rain comes every day!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Eddy

Silver
Jan 1, 2002
Will direct TV Work In Dominican republic? Satellite TV? I Know My Sirus Satellite radio works there what about the TV?

Do a search you should find most of your answers. If you're on the North Coast PM me or stop by the bar.

Pib

Goddess
Jan 1, 2002
www.dominicancooking.com
And since we are just barely on the edge of the signals footprint you need a 6' dish, the little 18" ones are useless.
And then you'll still miss some channels. Most notably Comedy Central and the Golf Channel :tired:

When we bought the apartment we bought the dish too, but it wasn't connected for more than two years. We decided to give it a try before the next hurricane rip it off the roof. So far so good, cheaper than Aster (we still have Aster as a backup) and a lot of channels. But, when it's raining, however light the rain, it's back to cable. :tired:

Eddy

Silver
Jan 1, 2002
a 4' would be enough with an appropriate LNB.

P.

Please let me know what an appropriate LNB is. I was under the impression that other than dual, they were all the same. If there is something new out there I would appreciate you PM'ing me with the details or post it. Thanks in advance.

Don Pedro

Apr 2, 2005
appropriate LNB

Please let me know what an appropriate LNB is. I was under the impression that other than dual, they were all the same. If there is something new out there I would appreciate you PM'ing me with the details or post it. Thanks in advance.

To reduce the noise usually they sell .7 but look for .5 and usually they sell 1 watt transmitter buy a 2 watts.(but The 2 watts , I am not 100% it could help for TV. )

To watch TV (or internet) all weather proof you need a perfect dish alignment.
You can get a finder for $30 and others for $500 , Guess which one use your technician ?
With a $30 sat. finder you get the bird mas o menos so when cloudy you get what you have paid for.

P.