Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Where Tipico Music ?

Dear DRoners,

Can somebody put his 2 cents in my little problem-pocket ?

We will have friends to visit us next week and they allready prepare their stay by listening bachata and merengue in their home country.....
    My spouse and I are proud to be their tourist guide here in the R.D.
    The "problem" is that i don't know a place in cabarete or sosua where they are playing typical music. In all discothecas they only play the universal junk music, the same as in Bejing, Saint-Tropez, Los Angeles and Novosibirsk....

Can someone give me some ideas, its for the musical reputation of the republica.....

Wish you all the best.

.............. ?
    Post Thanks / Like

I am in Puerto Plata and there are many places here.

Sosua and Cabarete are more focused on tourists and thus the crap music....

Try the Sosua Car Wash for starters. There are many smaller local places as well but sorry I just don't know what they are called.

If you want to come into Puerto Plata I will be happy to take you and your guests out dancing!

Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

re Hiram
    Don't be to sure that they will like Tipico even if they like bachata and merengue. I love bachata myself, I like a lot of merengue and even some reggaton, but for the most I can't stand tipico. I cant hardly remember to have met a gringo who realy likes tipico.

Platinum
    Post Thanks / Like

This gringo loves Tipico, and can even play it!
    What about Tipico Azucar between Sosua and Puerto Plata?

Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Chucha

There's another one right on the road to Gaspar Hernandez. Everybody calls it Chucha.. Don't know the actual name. Best place, very typical and plays pretty much everything but mainly merengue, salsa and bachata.

Happy dancing

Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Me too

Quote Originally Posted by Tamborista View Post
    This gringo loves Tipico, and can even play it!
    What about Tipico Azucar between Sosua and Puerto Plata?
    Well I'm not exactly a gringo, but I love tipico...Azucar is nice, it's in Monte Llano...Rancho Tipico Monte Llano next door plays it too. Club X in Sosua will play Tipico too.

.............. ?
    Post Thanks / Like

I think from re reading the original post that they are looking for "typical" music which includes tipico but they are looking for merengue and bachatta.

I agree, Azucar is an option but is not in Sosua or Cabarete. It is much closer to Puerto Plata. Definately an option.