early morning to dajabon from santiago

tennymo

Nov 7, 2006
Hi there!
I have one more question about my vacation. I am arriving at Santiago at 4:30 in the morning (yikes!) on a Monday, and I want to go from there directly to Dajabon. Does anyone know when the earliest bus or gua gua leaves for Dajabon? Maybe something around the six o'clock hour?
Thanks so much again for all your help.

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
Take a taxi to Caribe Tours, Los Jardines, and wait for the first bus to Dajabon.
The first bus leaves at 8:45 and the cost is RD$130 pesos.

If you don't want to wait alone, you can have the taxi leave you at the Supermercado Central where you can eat a nice breakfast for about RD$180, and then walk over to the Caribe Tours station, its just two short blocks away.
Yes, the Supermercado is open 24/7/365

HB

tennymo

Nov 7, 2006
Thanks for the information. I assume that must be the 6:30 bus from Santo Domingo, stopping at Santiago at 8:45. I guess I'm wondering if there are any that leave earlier than that. I am trying to get to Cap-Haitien as early as possible on that day, and I want to get an early start crossing the border. The last time I did it, it took some time.

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
If you know the "ropes" you can take the taxi to the Rotonda by Ochoa Motors, at the beginning of the Joaquín Balaguer Highway to Navarrete.

There, you can flag down a local guagua going to Dajabón at that hour of the morning. You should be IN Dajabón by 8:45a.m.!!!

HB