Looking for Dominican Biological father

pinedo

Nov 14, 2006
I am looking for my biological father (from Santiago, Dominican Republic).
I live in The Netherlands and have tried every possible resorce on the internet without success. My father (Hector Santos) immigrated to New York? in the late 70's early 80's. Is there anyone who can help me find the right resources in my search.
Joel Santana

Nyeden

Sep 2, 2005
He has a very common name. If he is living in the U.S. now, there are internet search companys that will charge you. it will help if you at least know his date of birth or aproximate age and what state in the U.S he is living in.

pinedo

Nov 14, 2006
Thank you for your reply. I have also tried these search engines which provides you with phonenumbers of that person. Unfortunately almost all the numbers (in New York) were not in service.

Joel Santana

cuas

May 29, 2006
Sent me his date of birth. Maybe I can find an address and you can write him to see if he is your father.

pinedo

Nov 14, 2006
Thank you for your reply. This is all the information I have concerning my father Hector Santos.
I believe he is from Santiago (Dom. Rep.) and met my mother (Maria or Jenny Santana) between 1979-1982 in Santo Domingo. My mother told me that at the time he was approximately 26 years old. Now he could be between 47-57 years old (I do not know whether the age he told my mother was correct). At that time (in Dom. Rep.) he was already a college graduate. My mother told me that he was in the profession of building or inventing background images for perfomance stages. He then immigrated to the United States (New York?) in the early 80's. He might have a sister named Kathlyn?
This is all the information I have. Could anyone let me know if this Hector Santos sounds familiar.

Thanks in advance.

Joel Santana

deelt

Bronze
Mar 23, 2004
If he immigrated legally you might be able to gain access to his files by submitting a FOIA (Freedom of Information Act) request to the USCIS, formerly known as the INS.

Start by going to a good library that can provide you with information to the contact folks under USCIS. Find some one with access to the 1980-1990 data. Approximately, 20,000-40,000 dominicans entered the US at that time. Filter out how many Hector Santo's were there. Go from there...

To help in your search you need to narrow down his date of birth. This will help you immensely in your search.

Also try other individuals that resided in the same neighborhood as he did in DR that might be able to provide you with more specific information.

Good Luck!

carlos

Super Moderator
Staff member
May 29, 2002
do you know what part of NY he came to?

where are you located?

thanks

pinedo

Nov 14, 2006
Thanks for your reply. No I do not know what part of NY he immigrated to. I live in the Netherlands so I have to conduct my research through the internet.

lajackael

Dec 12, 2004
pages.prodigy.net
If you want to find your father you most likely will have to trace him through his sister. His name is one of a million in America . A comprehensive data base search was conducted by my "licensed USA investigative service" as a free courtesy service to you. You fathers name is one of 250 in New York City, the name Kathlyn Santos turned up only two people in our data base in the USA(spelled that way). One in Puerto Rico and one in Rochester New York. I would immediately count out the one in Puerto Rica because she is a PR native. I would go after the one in Rochester. Hopefully she most likely can take you to your father.

Lajackael
Wishing you luck in your search

pinedo

Nov 14, 2006
Thank you all for your advice. I will try all of the services you recommend.
To answer some of your questions: I was born in the DR (Santo Domingo) but have been living abroad since the age of four . I have been a Dutch citizen since my childhood. My relatives in the DR are not being very helpful because of the complex situation. I also know that my father has two nephews (twins) living in Santo Domingo but they are not able to communicate because of their handicap.
I have also called the immigration service but they told me that they could not really assist me. Furthermore, I contacted the Dutch Embassy in DR but I did not receive any reply from them.
I will now try to trace this Kathlyn Santos and hopefully she can lead me to my father.

Thanks again!!

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
If I may. That is probably Jaqueline Santos. It was a very popular name 40+ years ago because of Mrs. Kennedy.

HB

Chirimoya

Dec 9, 2002
If I may. That is probably Jaqueline Santos. It was a very popular name 40+ years ago because of Mrs. Kennedy.

HB

That's right - half the girls in my class were called Jacqueline or Jessica. A couple of years later there was an invasion of Michelles. The OP's aunt could spell it in a number of ways, including Jacklyn or the more conventional Jacqueline.

pinedo

Nov 14, 2006
Still looking for Hector Santos!

I'm not having any luck finding Hector Santos. I do have some more infomation: He also has relatives living in Miami Florida.
Maybe this will help.