Anyone from Puerto Plata living in the UK?

rio2003

Bronze
Aug 16, 2006
Any Dominicans or Brits from the Puerto Plata region living in the UK,especially in the North? It would be great to contact people with a similar background/interest and not have to wait until my next visit to speak Spanish, music and the DR!

louise1182

Jul 10, 2006
Me and my husband Alfonso live down here in thge south!
Very close to Saskia and Jonathan and many other dominicans too!
Alfonso is in puerto Plata right now and is flying back sunday.
If your ever down south you should contact us as we are always having gatherings!

Louise xx

Saskia

Jun 9, 2005
Hola

Hi Rio

My husband and I live in hertfordshire but he knows a couple of other Dominican Guys in and around Birmingham, also we know another couple near Bournemouth as well as the guys near us and in London

Where abouts in POP are you from? Feel free to contact us, always great to hear from other Dominicans suffering the UK Winter lol:nervous:

xx

eridania2710

Dec 7, 2006
dominicans in hertfordshire

Saskia's husband Jonathan is from Puerto Plata, they're in Herts. (not the north I know). Might be an idea to PM because they're busy with their new arrival.
http://www.dr1.com/forums/general-stuff/54883-arrival-very-special-baby-joshua.html

my missus has just moved to england (hertfordshire) and is now livivg with me, and she is looking for some other dominican people to speak to, she is 21 yrs old, she is from sosua, puerta plata and knows nobody here apart from me and my family and she would love to know how to get in touch with other people that speak her language. look forward to hearing from someone

jason and eridania.

eridania2710

Dec 7, 2006
Hi Rio

My husband and I live in hertfordshire but he knows a couple of other Dominican Guys in and around Birmingham, also we know another couple near Bournemouth as well as the guys near us and in London

Where abouts in POP are you from? Feel free to contact us, always great to hear from other Dominicans suffering the UK Winter lol:nervous:

xx

hola, mi nombre es eridania, tengo tres mes en inglaterra, vivo en borehamwood, hertfordshire soy de republica dominicana tengo un esposo y estoy enbarasada pero me siento poco aburrida aqui porque yo no se hablar mucho ingles ,pero mi esposo habla mucho espa?ol solo el me entiende aqui porque tenemos un a?o de casado pero yo no entiendo nada de su amigos y familia y eso me hace sentir mal aveses , pero me gustaria conoser personas que hable mi idioma y quisas podemos hablar ,o escribirnos:

jasoncoulman@hotmail.co.uk.

eses es el email de mi esposo y de mi tanbien si en dado caso tu quisiera conoserme o hablar escribime aqui ,yo tanbien me gustaria conoserte y mi esposo tanbien porque el no quiere que yo me sienta aburrida aqui , ok :

mi nonbre es eridania coulman, tengo 21 anos gracias por tu tiempo espero volver a escribirte , y que tu me escriba , gracias bay

eridania2710

Dec 7, 2006
Me and my husband Alfonso live down here in thge south!
Very close to Saskia and Jonathan and many other dominicans too!
Alfonso is in puerto Plata right now and is flying back sunday.
If your ever down south you should contact us as we are always having gatherings!

Louise xx

hi,
i would love to meet up with you because i have only been in the uk for three months, i live in borehamwood hertfordshire and am looking for some people from the dominican republic to meet up with, if you could email me with some information i would be very grateful,
thankyou

Eridania

my email: jasoncoulman@hotmail.co.uk

Lambada

Gold
Mar 4, 2004
www.ginniebedggood.com
Jason & Eridania, If you contact Saskia by PM do it in English. Although if you send it in Spanish Jonathan will be able to translate for her. Is this your first baby? They've just had theirs. :)

Saskia

Jun 9, 2005
Sorry for the delay

Thanks Ginnie ... Josh has given me a moment to catch up at last! I'll send an email too.

Hi Jason & Eridania

We'd be happy to meet up sometime, we live in Hoddesdon, Hertfordshire. We also know a Dominican guy and his wife in Welwyn (aka louise1192) which is close by too. I believe they have a Dominican friend in Boremwood too.

Oops was delayed there, Josh just projectile vomited all over daddy lol The joys you have to come!:ermm: :bunny:

Feel free to contact us anytime, maybe we could all arrange a get together ... what do you say Louise?

Unfortunately, my spanish is ... well more or less nil but Jonathan would be happy to chat

Emma, Jonathan & Joshua

Last edited:

LonelyMaxx

Dec 10, 2006
A diary is one way to get acquainted with yourself

Hello. Prompt how to get acquainted with the girl it to me to like. But does not know about it
I have read through one history
Each of you has your personal story; it is your history. Keeping a diary or writing your feelings in a special notebook is a wonderful way to learn how to think and write about who you are -- to develop your own identity and voice.

People of all ages are able to do this. Your own history is special because of your circumstances: your cultural, racial, religious or ethnic background. Your story is also part of human history, a part of the story of the dignity and worth of all human beings. By putting opinions and thoughts into words, you, too, can give voice to your inner self and strivings.

A long entry by Anne Frank on April 5, 1944, written after more than a year and a half of hiding from the Nazis, describes the range of emotions 14-year-old Anne is experiencing:

". . . but the moment I was alone I knew I was going to cry my eyes out. I slid to the floor in my nightgown and began by saying my prayers, very fervently. Then I drew my knees to my chest, lay my head on my arms and cried, all huddled up on the bare floor. A loud sob brought me back down to earth, and I choked back my tears, since I didn't want anyone next door to hear me . . .

"And now it's really over. I finally realized that I must do my school work to keep from being ignorant, to get on in life, to become a journalist, because that's what I want! I know I can write. A few of my stories are good, my descriptions of the Secret Annex are humorous, much of my diary is vivid and alive, but . . . it remains to be seen whether I really have talent . . .

"When I write I can shake off all my cares. My sorrow disappears, my spirits are revived! But, and that's a big question, will I ever be able to write something great, will I ever become a journalist or a writer? I hope so, oh, I hope so very much, because writing allows me to record everything, all my thoughts, ideals and fantasies.

"I haven't worked on Cady's Life for ages. In my mind I've worked out exactly what happens next, but the story doesn't seem to be coming along very well. I might never finish it, and it'll wind up in the wastepaper basket or the stove. That's a horrible thought, but then I say to myself, "At the age of 14 and with so little experience, you can't write about philosophy.' So onward and upward, with renewed spirits. It'll all work out, because I'm determined to write! Yours, Anne M. Frank

For those of you interested in reading some of Anne Frank's first stories and essays, including a version of Cady's Life, see Tales From the Secret Annex (Doubleday, 1996). Next: Reviewing and revising your writing

Ceri

Oct 11, 2005
Anyone from DR in North West

My husband Jhon is from Puerto Plata and we live in Wrexham, North Wales and would love to meet up with anyone from DR living in UK. We are in contact with Saskia and are hoping to go to London for NYE (work and weather permitting!). We've not managed to meet up with anyone since he came over in March and would love to do so.

M&T

Dec 22, 2006
HElp~!

How are the job opportunities for dominicans there?
I have a business degree and was thinking about the possibility of applying for a job there...

Saskia

Jun 9, 2005
My husband has found work without problems, but it all depends on the individual and how flexible and realistic their expectations are :ermm:

Lambada

Gold
Mar 4, 2004
www.ginniebedggood.com
Just to let you all know, they all met up on New Year's Eve, Saskia & Jonathan, Louise & Alfonso, Jason & Eridania. Isn't that nice? :) I'll let them tell you about it because I was in Puerto Plata..........

Ceri

Oct 11, 2005
My husband has also found work without any problem. I agree with Saskia. It depends on what they're willing to do. My husband now works as chef in local pub. Sorry we missed Salsa as would have been good to meet up. Happy New Year to everyone from Ceri & Jhon

Saskia

Jun 9, 2005
Happy New Year!!

Hi Ceri

Shame you missed NYE, it was a really good night but don't worry ... we are going to try to get a group together for Dominican Independence Day which is on the 27th Feb, although we we probably organise the get together for the Saturday before or the one after. I'll keep you posted :D

Hopefully we'll get an even bigger group together xxx

There are some pics on Dominicano en Londres

morenita inglesa

Jan 7, 2007
Hi everyone! This is my first post after months of just browsing.
Just seen the NYE pics - looked like fun! Please let me know about any plans for independence day.
My boyfriend is dominican and we have a child but he's not living here with us (my story is a long one, I won't go into it!). I would like to get to know any dominicans and their partners living over here. (i'm in London btw)

Saskia

Jun 9, 2005
Hola

Hi Morenita

Will keep you posted on the DR Independence Day. Where abouts in London are you from?

x