Hey There! Who are you?

Chris

Gold
Oct 21, 2002
www.caribbetech.com
The number of visitors to the living forum always surprises me. At the moment, there are 130 of you browsing through here. Who are you? What are you looking for at the moment? Say hola to us already here on this thread! I promise I'll protect the newbys from the crusty and sometimes outspoken 'old guard'! :classic:

AnnaC

Gold
Jan 2, 2002
Hola como estas

Christa, I have a thought (doesn't happen often enough) when people are googling and DR1 comes up they can read all the info without signing up but they can't say hi on the message board unless they've signed up first. ;)

So if you're reading this please sign up and become a member so you can say hi. ;)

Lizzard

Sep 11, 2006
Hola I'm Liz

:bunny: Like many other people I surfed for awhile before signing up. But I sure am glad I did. This is the most interesting and informative site of the D.R. I have found. I really enjoy all the banter of the senior members and laugh alot. I will admit this is great entertainment as well as a learning experience for many. Thanks for being here!!:eek:

qgrande

Bronze
Jul 27, 2005
I'm always amazed how many people are viewing the forums too. For instance, right now 7 people are viewing the 2004 elections forum, and 55 the 1999 archives!!! What are they looking for, Where do they all come from, Where do they all belong? Amazing..

moviemouth

Jul 12, 2005
Hi

I'm Marc in New York. Been a DR-1er for about 2 years. My wife and I own a house in Costa Azul that we bought a year ago. I check new posts on DR-1 everyday looking for useful information, entertainment, and possibly good contacts. So far, I'm happy to say, I have been rewarded in every category.

May 31, 2005
I just go everywhere. I just click on new posts and read whatever interests me. I don't just go to a particular forum.

Uzin

Bronze
Oct 26, 2005
Are these all real people browsing or may be just search engine spiders checking your pages and posts and updating their databases !?

May be we can have a guest book that doesn't require loging/registering and you can just type your name and click the submit button and say "Hi".

(I guess you can prevent multiple/duplicate entries by checking their IP address to stop hackers....)

BrittanyS

Mar 31, 2006
Guilty!!

A lot of times I don't log in, just have a look to see what is happening. If there is a post that I feel I can contribute to, then I log in. I wouldn't be surprised if there are a few that do the same :cheeky: :cheeky:

jalencastro

Bronze
Dec 15, 2004
www.myspace.com
Saludos

The number of visitors to the living forum always surprises me. At the moment, there are 130 of you browsing through here. Who are you? What are you looking for at the moment? Say hola to us already here on this thread! I promise I'll protect the newbys from the crusty and sometimes outspoken 'old guard'! :classic:

Hey Chris, my name is Jaime and I am in NYC at the moment. Ive been on dr1 forum for a little over a year and agree with most folks that the information is so useful. I am now going back to the island for my FIFTH time and love it every time i go. so my threads consist of locations and hot spots, eateries, beer, etc. that i will find useful on my return visit. also love reading all the current events on the forum, so many diverese opinions! and a lot of regulars here have lots of funny stuff to say. i agree, this is by far the BEST forum for anyone looking to learn more about DR! I hope to stick around for a long time and not be such a newbie! LOL :bandit:

Chris

Gold
Oct 21, 2002
www.caribbetech.com
Just click the button that says 'remember me' and you'll be logged in automatically - its easy that way.

A lot of times I don't log in, just have a look to see what is happening. If there is a post that I feel I can contribute to, then I log in. I wouldn't be surprised if there are a few that do the same :cheeky: :cheeky:

gringito

Feb 21, 2005
Staying Informed

Chris,

Just a gringo who makes 3 or 4 trips per month to the DR. Normally I am in Santo Domingo but I also spend a lot of time on the north coast and in Las Terrenas. The message boards are a great source of information and a nice place to meet others. I visit the board everday, no matter where I am. The board has changed a lot over the last two years but I do get a lot out of it.

Regards

rio2003

Bronze
Aug 16, 2006
Hi,
I have a look a couple of times a day to see if there is anything relevant or interesting - but I do tend to keep quiet and not post anything because of the comments made by some of the contributors. It can be a bit off-putting.

robbie

Bronze
Aug 3, 2006
Hola!
I am from the west coast of Canada, and my husband and I bought a condo in Bavaro on our last visit and are planning on moving to DR in 3-5 years.
I come to this forum for information, current news, etc.
I am guilty of not signing in many times:cheeky: , I usually just sign in if I can offer something to the discusion.
This forum is great and has so much information!!! I am learning alot and getting alot of my questions answered too:classic:
Thank you!!

Chris

Gold
Oct 21, 2002
www.caribbetech.com
This is all nice and sweet stuff :laugh: Sitting behind the moderator's console, it is sometimes easy to forget the masses who read the board daily. All of you who complain about deleted posts or heavy moderation, read this thread. These are the folks that make it worth while to moderate and keep the forums clean for the readers!

Keep it coming! You're making my day.

AnnaC

Gold
Jan 2, 2002
I think I'll sit in here for a while, what a nice thread. Thanks for starting it Christa and thanks newbies for posting. ;)

2dlight

Bronze
Jun 3, 2004
Something new...

I just realized that although I check the forum a few times a day while at work, I never log in. I log in automatically from my home computer and don't give it a thought.

AnnaC

Gold
Jan 2, 2002
I wonder when a newby stops feeling like a newby Anna? I remember my first few posts on the forum and I was so apprehensive.

I used to be terrified to post till they gave me the delete buttons. :laugh:

So my first 3 years I really thought it through before posting a question or posting any helpful hints. Now I post whatever comes spilling out of the brain at that moment, sometimes I don't make much sense but who cares I have the delete button :laugh: