New location for AA meetings

Status
Not open for further replies.

Johanfitz

Nov 17, 2006
After 20 good yrs. of meeting at Tropix Hotel.
Friends of Bill will now be meeting up stairs at "La Roca" Restaurant in Sosua.
Tue. Thur. and Sat. At 12 noon.
You can call John at 809-571-0619

Johanfitz

Nov 17, 2006
Thank you johanfitz, that's a big help. I had gone to tropix, and was told very clearly there was "no more meetings Here." I love going to Sosua with my friends who love to raise good, clean hell at Rocky's, and around town. I go with them, and have my 7 Up. have just as good a time with them. But always look forward to my meetings. If I'm not mistaken? I have eaten at La Roca. Thank you again. Fred. A friend of Bill's

manunut

Nov 17, 2006
manunut

hi john,sorry to hear about Tropix.20 years you guys were there?what happened?Did you all have a "slip" at the same time,turn up wild drunk and trash the place?just kidding.I am still dry,"one day at a time"coming up to a full year.had to reg to send you this reply,i have never bothered with the forums but am an avid dr1"r.is the fred that just posted a reply the guy from NJ?hope too see all you guys at "la Rocca" at xmas God willing!Derek.K

Johanfitz

Nov 17, 2006
Good to hear from you Derek. Yes that is the same fred. he stopped by in a bit of a funk thinking we all left the scene. He thought it good to put somthing on DR1 to let some of the ole gang know what happened, that we now meet at La Rocca same time, and same days as we did at Tropix.
If you are in contact with any of the other members who might be coming this way let them know the changes. Hope to see you in Sosua soon.
John

Rick Snyder

Silver
Nov 19, 2003
Johanfitz and Manunut and Fred,

Welcome to DR1.

I have no experience with the AA organization nor that which people like you go through but in my time here on this board there has been the question from time to time as to where a meeting is held in such and such a town.

I would think that someone that has the access to such information should post such on this board. It wasn't long ago that a new member inquired as to where they meet in SD if my memory serves me correctly. I tried to help the individual but in reality ran up against a stone wall for finding a location. Getting such information on locations within the US is no problem but here it seems to be a bit difficult.

It just seems that a reliable information source is needed here in the DR.

Rick

ace

Apr 11, 2004
Johanfitz and Manunut and Fred,

Welcome to DR1.

I have no experience with the AA organization nor that which people like you go through but in my time here on this board there has been the question from time to time as to where a meeting is held in such and such a town.

I would think that someone that has the access to such information should post such on this board. It wasn't long ago that a new member inquired as to where they meet in SD if my memory serves me correctly. I tried to help the individual but in reality ran up against a stone wall for finding a location. Getting such information on locations within the US is no problem but here it seems to be a bit difficult.

It just seems that a reliable information source is needed here in the DR.

Rick

Rick, I beleive the North coast meeting is the only english speaking meeting on the island. That is why I only travel to the north coast. Thanks to Dr1 a few years ago I was able to contact John and attend meeting. Sosua is a second home for me thanks to the AA meetings.

Thanks John for carring the torch all these years to keep AA alive in the Dr.

Johanfitz

Nov 17, 2006
looks like the forum is working like it was set up to for. Good show DR1 people who put this together
I'm seeing interest, and getting response of the address change for our AA meetings. We are not the only English speaking meeting here though. There is one in Santo Domingo.
Call Gabriel @ 809-566-5441 cell. 809-299-0961 great guy. Dominican, speaks perfect English. Goes all out to help. John

Rick Snyder

Silver
Nov 19, 2003
John thank you for that contact in SD as I will add it to my list.

Ace there may be the fact that there may not be many meeting places in the DR but then again there may be a few. If there isn't one on the East coast as an example but people from that area see that there are such in other parts of the DR might allow someone in that area to have a point of contact in order to form such a group in their area.

Being a member of DR1 it would be nice to be able to have information for the occasional question that arises concerning this very important organization.

Thank you everyone for supplying me with two such points of contact as it is always nice to be able to answer inquiries with positive information rather than having to say that I have no idea and can't help.

Rick

FireGuy

Rest in peace Amigo!
Aug 21, 2002
www.polaris-fs.com
Johanfitz,

This is the Travel Section and the correct geographic location (North Coast) also. It's just fine here.

Also, this type of message would be better asked with a PM than a posting (just FYI).

Gregg
Mod.

Johanfitz

Nov 17, 2006
Going Travel also

Thanks Gregg, got your private. See you over there at travel. when I got time to sit again. I'm getting good response where we are. But I'm afraid I'm still missing some, and people are getting mistreated at our old address. John

FireGuy

Rest in peace Amigo!
Aug 21, 2002
www.polaris-fs.com
Thanks Gregg, got your private. See you over there at travel. when I got time to sit again. I'm getting good response where we are. But I'm afraid I'm still missing some, and people are getting mistreated at our old address. John

John,

I not sure exactly what you mean, this thread is in a travel forum...

DR1 Dominican Republic Forums > Travel > North Coast

Anyway feel free to start another thread and if we disagree with it's forum placement we will either delete or move it depending; not out of malice just trying to keep things in some semblance of order.

Keep up the good work informing of your meetings.

Gregg

Last edited:

Rick Snyder

Silver
Nov 19, 2003
Gregg,

If I may be so bold then I would suggest that you move this thread to the "Best" forum.

In that forum I could manage it and possible make it a 'sticky' with locations within the DR for AA meetings as a quick reference for our members that require such.

Rick

ace

Apr 11, 2004
Aa Meetings

Are There any AA meetings in Caberete?

There is a small meeting on Sunday mornings at 8:00am very close to Caberete but you need to contact "johanfitz "he lives close to Caberete and can help you. PM him or call his number is 809-571-0619 .I have his permission to post the number. The Sosua meeting is easy to get to , just 10 mins from Caberete Tues, Thurs, Sat. 12:00 noon

ssm230

Dec 6, 2006
Are there any meetings in Punta Cana?

Hi. I think it's great that you're all posting helpful meeting info on this site. I was wondering if anyone knew if there were any AA meetings in Punta Cana? Thank you!

Rick Snyder

Silver
Nov 19, 2003
Ssm230,

Welcome to DR1.

Ive sent you a private message. retrieve said message by going to the grey box in the upper right hand corner where your name is and clicking on 'Private Messages: .

Rick

DRBOB

Nov 29, 2006
AA Meetings

Hi John,
Jean & I were in the DR in on Nov 2. Went to the Tropix on Nov 7. Owner told us the meeting were no longer there because her dogs were permitted to escape. She didn't know if or where meetings would be held. Previous years, we checked in with you to confirm location & time. It seemed that the situation would be eternal. Dumb move on our part, although it seems that the change was quite recent on Nov 7, and you hadn't found a location until more recently - perhaps after we left on Nov 16. If I had checked with you on, say, October 30, the meetings may have still been held at Tropix. Next visit (November for sure & possibly May), I'll check in a couple of days before we arrive. I hope you & your son are doing well.
DRBOB

manunut

Nov 17, 2006
all well 1 day at a time....

well still here in the d.r. havent been near sosua or sto domg so im GOING IT ALONE right now.got my big book and my bible and my box of tricks to keep me sober 1 day at a time.should be around next tue or thur,the personal trials are getting outrageous.anyways hope yiz all r well and look forward very much to hooking up next week,God willing.derek.......:

Status
Not open for further replies.