I don't beleive this crap

SantiagoDR

The "REAL" SantiagoDR
Jan 12, 2006
Yep, how many movies (especially Westerns) have you seen where the "Good Guy" gives the "Bad Guy" a break, only to have to fight him again.

DominicanScotty

On Vacation!
Jun 12, 2004
Seriously

This is the problem that is spreading throughout the country. Deported Dominican criminals sent back to the Dominican Republic after being released from prison or rounded up by INS. I was on the phone with a friend who is an INS agent and I was told that they just rounded up 28, and that was just for one day. They will be sent back on an American flight. So...next time you are flying down look around you. Good chances are that many of those machachos are going to be tomorrow's Dominican crime wave. Once they are in the DR they are not wanted by the Dominican authorities and they then blend right into the landscape to attack at will! These animals spread their knowledge to others within their own country and it is indeed spreading.

something_of_the_night

Has left the building...
Feb 7, 2006
In the binary world of DR1 readership, a deportee has to be a hardened criminal, otherwise he/she wouldn't be deported - a very "zeroes and ones" mindset.

Folks, not all deportees fit the definition of criminal, especially after 9/11. And not all drug offenses are of the violent nature...or even of the distribution nature. Care to disagree?

In the binary world of DR1 readership, a deportee has to be a hardened criminal, otherwise he/she wouldn't be deported - a very "zeroes and ones" mindset.

Folks, not all deportees fit the definition of criminal, especially after 9/11. And not all drug offenses are of the violent nature...or even of the distribution nature. Care to disagree?

It is still very hard to be deported unless convicted of a felony. These fine men and women being deported are all convicted of Felonies so therefor they fit the definition of criminal.

DominicanScotty

On Vacation!
Jun 12, 2004
I do

Being that I do work within the system for quite a many years. Yeah, I do disagree. Sorry, they (INS) just don't go chasing down little old ladies and deporting them because their VISA expired. Majority of the ones being deported are criminals and convicted felons. Some of us members are actively in law enforcement whether it is on the streets or in the joint itself. I would tend to say that we know a little more then the average guy. Care to agree?

cobraboy

Pro-Bono Demolition Hobbyist
Jul 24, 2004
It is still very hard to be deported unless convicted of a felony. These fine men and women being deported are all convicted of Felonies so therefor they fit the definition of criminal.
^^^Pay attention to this guy. He knows his stuff.

Lambada

Gold
Mar 4, 2004
www.ginniebedggood.com
According to the DR papers the crimes for which these people served their sentences in US tend to be murder, rape, drugs etc. According to the Hindustan Times (an indispensable daily read ;) ) and CARICOM it is both the heavy end crimes and the minor infractions. Guyana is currently arguing that many of the deportees originally left their countries of origin as children and thus learned their 'criminal skills' in US so is supporting the moral argument that if that is where the skills were learned then that is where the rehabilitation should take place. Plus of course most Caribbean countries don't have 'rehabilitation' programmes.
US dumping of criminals worry Caribbean nations : HindustanTimes.com

Interesting to see what Haiti is doing. Haitian constitution says once US citizenship is obtained the person loses Haitian nationality. They are refusing to accept back into Haiti a Haitian convicted of a felony in US
MiamiHerald.com | 11/09/2006 | Haiti denies repatriation of convict

zak023

Done and dusted!
Feb 8, 2006
Badpiece33 and Dominican Scotty

These gentleman know thier stuff and the answers they are posting here are 100% correct...

mountainfrog

On Vacation!
Dec 8, 2003
www.domrep-info.com
A pa' fuera se van.

It is also interesting that the German authorities are repatriating German criminals who live in the DR that are wanted over there.

The German 'authorities' have no jurisdiction power in this country.
They may, however, seek (via INTERPOL) wanted criminals to be handed over to German police.
This procedure has been followed in the past and there seems to be a need for the future as well...

m'frog