Labrador or Retrievers in Sosua area?

beeza

Silver
Nov 2, 2006
Does anybody know where we might be able to get either a labrador or retriever puppy in the Sosua area?

We are now ready for a family dog, but we think we would rather have a pure breed rather than a mongrel, but we don't know where to find them.

Rocky

Honorificabilitudinitatibus
Apr 4, 2002
www.rockysbar.com
You could check the ad board outside of Playero and/or get in touch with Judy at the Pet Lodge.
She always seems to know who's doing what with dogs around here.
The last dog I got before Bruno, was a Black Lab, that I got from her.
809-571-1167

Danny W

Bronze
Mar 1, 2003
You could check the ad board outside of Playero and/or get in touch with Judy at the Pet Lodge.
She always seems to know who's doing what with dogs around here.
The last dog I got before Bruno, was a Black Lab, that I got from her.
809-571-1167

Marco - How would you compare Ridgebacks to Labs - specifically for life as a family dog in the DR? I've had labs, and they were great with kids and as watchdogs as well. - D

vince1956

On Vacation!
May 24, 2006
Black Lab

Marco - How would you compare Ridgebacks to Labs - specifically for life as a family dog in the DR? I've had labs, and they were great with kids and as watchdogs as well. - D

The last dog I got before Bruno, was a Black Lab

Rocky

Apr 4, 2002
www.rockysbar.com
Completely different styles.
Labs are full of energy and rather demanding.
Great dogs to play with.
Athletic, great at retrieving, good protectors, good with kids, intelligent.
The reason I prefer Bruno is that he is lazy like me and requires a lot less attention and maintenance, and not as bothersome for the clients.

maria astrid

Nov 19, 2006
dogs

Very important qustion for everybody!!!!
We would like to take our dog (boxer)with us to a resort in DR.Does anybody know about the place in the south of the island!????
HELP,please!!!!!
Astrid

Danny W

Bronze
Mar 1, 2003
Completely different styles.
Labs are full of energy and rather demanding.
Great dogs to play with.
Athletic, great at retrieving, good protectors, good with kids, intelligent.
The reason I prefer Bruno is that he is lazy like me and requires a lot less attention and maintenance, and not as bothersome for the clients.

Do you think that a Ridgeback can be taught to bark at strangers or when the perimiter of a property is approached?

sollie

Jul 30, 2006
Labrador or retriever

Beeza,
Labradors are retrievers. They are bred to retrieve waterfoul and prized among duck hunters.

What are your needs in a family dog? Companionship? Protection? Retrieving?

Labs and retievers are fine dogs but are heavy coated which might make them uncomfortable in the tropics. In my opinion, they have a tendency to roam. Check "Lost Dogs" in any newspaper and see how many are retrievers.

Mongrels can be a great family dog.

Sollie

sollie

Jul 30, 2006
"Do you think that a Ridgeback can be taught to bark at strangers or when the perimiter of a property is approached?"

If a Ridgeback barks, it's a sign to pay attention. Teach them an attack word/phrase and their ridge will stand on end, they will bare teeth, bark and be ready for armageddon. Remember to teach them an "It's o.k." command as well.

My standard reply to strangers who would ask, " Do they bite"? was " Only if I tell them to".

Sollie

Rocky

Apr 4, 2002
www.rockysbar.com
Do you think that a Ridgeback can be taught to bark at strangers or when the perimiter of a property is approached?
Sollie's reply says it all.
I have friends who keep their Ridgebacks fenced in, and with the exception of having a suicide wish, you don't want to go there.
Tied up or kept fenced in, they will learn to bark by themselves.
As a house pet, they can also be taught to bark, but they will not bark foolishly, only when they mean business.

whirleybird

Silver
Feb 27, 2006
Does anybody know where we might be able to get either a labrador or retriever puppy in the Sosua area?

We are now ready for a family dog, but we think we would rather have a pure breed rather than a mongrel, but we don't know where to find them.

hi beeza,
Labradors are the best!!! We brought Mum, Dad and daughter black Labs from England 5 months ago and would love to find a good pedigree dog for my young bitch in her next season so if you are lucky enough to find a puppy I would be delighted to know if they have a Dog who would sire Nelly's pups.