Alcoholics Anonymous Meetings-English

Status
Not open for further replies.

Catch33

Nov 12, 2006
Hello All, we have been here in DR all week. Staying in Playa Dorada. My wife and I have been sober and in Alcoholics Anonymous for nearly 10 years. We can't seem to find meetings. Are there any meetings in the area i(Peurto Plata, Playa Dorada, Sosua, Cabarete) in English?

Johanfitz

Nov 17, 2006
yes there are meetings

Yes there is meetings on the North coast. Just scroll down about five threads on this page. You will see our new address. Any problems. You can contact me John at. Johanfitz@yahoo.com
Wow! That was real cool Mary. Just got your phone call as I was starting this message.
Real sorry about your treatment at our old meeting place. But we don't look back. See you at La Roca at 12 noon tomorrow. John

Bracknell_Alan

Aug 1, 2007
Hi all

My first post - greetings from an unseasonally dull and wet United Kingdom!

We are coming to DR from the UK for the first time, staying at Gran Ventana Beach, Playa Dorada from 13 August for 2 weeks.

Really looking forward to it and wondered if there was any news on the times and places of the English-speaking AA meetings on the North Coast. Maybe John could just give a little refresh for me and any other Brits coming over at this popular time.

Thanks in advance

Bracknell Alan

DAKRA

Bronze
Feb 21, 2007
Did I miss something?

Yes there is meetings on the North coast. Just scroll down about five threads on this page. You will see our new address. Any problems. You can contact me John at. Johanfitz@yahoo.com
Wow! That was real cool Mary. Just got your phone call as I was starting this message.
Real sorry about your treatment at our old meeting place. But we don't look back. See you at La Roca at 12 noon tomorrow. John

I thougth that the second "A" in AA meant Anonymous......... You referred to her as Mary and you called yourself as John..... I guess I won't be goint to that meeting...:ermm:

Ricardo900

Silver
Jul 12, 2004
I thougth that the second "A" in AA meant Anonymous......... You referred to her as Mary and you called yourself as John..... I guess I won't be goint to that meeting...:ermm:

You never watched a movie when they had a AA meeting scene? The guy would stand-up and say Hi, my name is John and I am an alcoholic, then the group would say "Hi John".

Tamborista

hasta la tambora
Apr 4, 2005
Perhaps DAKRA needs to find a meeting for PA, "Poster's Anonymous"?

tambo'

DAKRA

Bronze
Feb 21, 2007
The Devil Made Me Do It...

Perhaps DAKRA needs to find a meeting for PA, "Poster's Anonymous"?

tambo'

Why pick on me? - Now I am going to say "Hi, My name is Darryl W. Pinkerton of 104 Richardson Drive, Maryville, Tennessee and I am a moderate alcoholic".......

So, be nice - I am on the wagon from Gambiling tooo.... ;)

ace

Apr 11, 2004
Why pick on me? - Now I am going to say "Hi, My name is Darryl W. Pinkerton of 104 Richardson Drive, Maryville, Tennessee and I am a moderate alcoholic".......

So, be nice - I am on the wagon from Gambiling tooo.... ;)

If you want to play games on a thread go somewhere else. Being in recovery is a life and death sisuation. John started AA on the northcoast 20 years ago and has helped hundreds of people live a better life without alcohol and drugs.

Rocky

Honorificabilitudinitatibus
Apr 4, 2002
www.rockysbar.com
Hi! I will be in La Romana for 8 weeks. Does anyone know of an english speaking AA meeting? Thanks.
Tara[]
Hi Tara,
You might be better served by starting your own thread in the South coast section, as few people from that area will see your request, if it's buried in here in an old North coast thread.

Taken care of.

Gregg
Mod.

Last edited by a moderator:

sherr630

Apr 8, 2008
being anonymous...

I thougth that the second "A" in AA meant Anonymous......... You referred to her as Mary and you called yourself as John..... I guess I won't be going to that meeting...:ermm:

I could be wrong, but having been around for a few 24's, I am pretty sure that traditionally we are anonymous on the level of press, radio, and film... not completely anonymous like on some "in fight club we have no names" tip.

I found its taken time to find the balance of whom I wanted to disclose my sobriety to, but its got its place, especially in helping other alcoholics

Please excuse the fact that I'm late on the comment here, I just happened to read this thread now...

Status
Not open for further replies.