Voodoo Disco reopened

purefolie

Apr 1, 2005
Voodoo

the owner is one of my friends, Melanie. She used to work at the Voodoo before. I believe the bar is now property of the hotel Sosua Bay.

frnc_gzz

Nov 21, 2006
I also heard that someone from the radio station owns it now.

That's what we thought, too. We also heard that Steve from the Ruby radio station will open the bar. Went over there with my buddies the day after the great opening and we wanted to congratulate that nice fellow for the great place.
But purefolie is right. A woman named Melanie talked to us and when we asked for Steve she pointed out very clearly that she owns the place not Steve.
Sorry again, didn't want to offend her, but by choosing the same name like the radio station probably many others assumed there is a different owner.

Anyway, whoever owns it, cudos on the great job done, it's a nice place, reasonable prices and now also excellent service with that Dominican waiter (IMO service was a bit lacking before in the old Voodoo days).

purefolie

Apr 1, 2005
Melanie

I know it's confusing as the radio station also has that name. But like I said Mekanie was a waitress at the Voodoo, she's from Quebec and she's also worked as a translator for the canadian government. I believe the bar will be in good hands with her.

tflea

Bronze
Jun 11, 2006
Not a Colmado

They don't serve grandes, it is a bar, not a colmado. Beers are RD$70. Decent price, not the lowest price in town, but a great location and good music to boot. And the new owners are great, caring, resident folks and patronize them when you can, they are a nice alternative. (this not a paid political announcement).

castleburger

Sep 4, 2006
i too went to ruby's the other night, found it very nice. they have theme nights which should be fun, and the prices are good. melanie is a sweetheart, and steve is pretty nice to everyone. the bartender is stefan i beleive. nice place to go for a few drinks without geting felt up by the chicas......best of luck to them.