Helping Visitors

mountainfrog

On Vacation!
Dec 8, 2003
www.domrep-info.com
John and Debbie from Indiana came here for the first time.
However, they did not only stay in their AI-Hotel in Punta Cana, but visited La Romana on the South coast and Samaná.
And they did not come empty handed. They helped children in an orphanage and brought gifts to some poor families near Las Terrenas.

Before their holiday we had made contact and my wife had identified needy and worthy families. Thus John and Debbie could bring specific things from the US:
Nice children's clothes, toys and dolls.
Special was a radio whose battery can be charged by a crank.

In Las Terrenas we bought more clothes from street vendors, cheap but good quality, foodstuff and sweets.

In this way a total of four families could be helped - directly, no red tape involved, personally.

All - those who received as well as those who donated - had a lot of fun.

Thank you very much for this help.

m'frog

jd4pt5.jpg

jd5qp7.jpg

El Tigre

El Tigre de DR1 - Moderator
Jan 23, 2003
Good job John and Debbie!!!

When I read stories like this I get so freakin' happy. Thanks for contributing. I bet you made their day. Good stuff!!!

DominicanScotty

On Vacation!
Jun 12, 2004
Good deeds indeed

Good job John and Debbie!!!

When I read stories like this I get so freakin' happy. Thanks for contributing. I bet you made their day. Good stuff!!!

These stories really make my day.

I am curious as to the little boy in Luperon who has MD. I was only down for 4 days last trip and could not make it there. Some of us have helped this little trooper with a big smile and loving heart.

I just received a call tonight from the F.A.D. that I will be a special guest of the commanding general of the Puerto Plata F.A.D. base to receive an award December 1st for the work I do for the school in which they sponsor. I am happy for the children but the award will go to my friend in his office. He can be there to receive it and then can display it there as this is not what motivates me to do the things I do.

I just adore the people that come here and help. You are my heroes!

miguel

I didn't last long...
Jul 2, 2003
Que chevere....

When I help, the best reward is knowing I made a difference in a person's life.

Don't tell me "gracias", just show me THAT BIG smile. PRICELESS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!.

The poor in the DR need more people like John and Debbie.

Thanks John and Debbie!!!!!.

DominicanScotty

On Vacation!
Jun 12, 2004
Ah very good

Not meaning to steal the thunder from these good people.

However, I want to make a point. Someone held a door open for another person. The other person did not say thank you. The first person became upset.

If you do things expecting to receive thanks perhaps you should not be doing anything at all. Do kind things for people because you want to not have to.

The greatest gift is not receiving the gift. It is giving the gift!

irie1029

May 27, 2006
Mountain Frog and his wife are to thank.. if not for them we would have never been able to get the gifts into the appropriate hands.

Debbie and I are the ones who benefited the most by having this as part of our holiday. Thanks to all for the kind words.