Please Help Us Contact Michael John

Ken

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
We need your help locating Michael John, a tourist visiting the Sosua/Cabarete area. He was staying at El Neptuno until yesterday, when he moved to a cheaper hotel. Problem is he didn't check out with the Administrator as he was told to do, but left taking sheets, towels, mattress cover, and blankets from the apartment he was renting. (I suppose that is one reason why the hotel he was moving to is much cheaper; not supplying bed linen, etc, lowers their expenses ;)

All we want are the bed linens that were taken. If we get them back, that will be the end of it. Otherwise we will be requesting immigration to apprehend him at the airport.

Your help in notifying us of the location of Michael John, or passing this message to him will be appreciated. You can PM me with the info.

Ladybird

Bronze
Dec 15, 2003
dreamteamdownloads1.com
We need your help locating Michael John, a tourist visiting the Sosua/Cabarete area. He was staying at El Neptuno until yesterday, when he moved to a cheaper hotel. Problem is he didn't check out with the Administrator as he was told to do, but left taking sheets, towels, mattress cover, and blankets from the apartment he was renting. (I suppose that is one reason why the hotel he was moving to is much cheaper; not supplying bed linen, etc, lowers their expenses ;)

All we want are the bed linens that were taken. If we get them back, that will be the end of it. Otherwise we will be requesting immigration to apprehend him at the airport.

Your help in notifying us of the location of Michael John, or passing this message to him will be appreciated. You can PM me with the info.

I have had this happen to me Ken, but the renter stole a lot more than that.
Where is this guy from and give a description age, etc. I'll put the word out with my son and his firends, they seem to know what goes on in the renting circles, he shouldnt be too hard to find. Are you sure that was his real name??
Thats why the description is important

M.A.R.

Silver
Feb 18, 2006
He must have taken lots of towels and sheets or they are very expensive towels and sheets for you to be posting on here that u are going to have him apprehended. Maybe he's playing ghost with the sheets, lol.
just curious, how many did he take?

AnnaC

Gold
Jan 2, 2002
Good quality linens are hard to find in the DR.

Perhaps there's more to this story ;) El Neptuno isn't a hotel, each unit is privately owned.

Ken

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
Ladybird, he is American, black, about 200 pounds, around age 30.

M.A.R, he cleaned out one bedroom, taking all the sheets, towels, blankets, etc. Even the mattress cover/pad. Not like breaking into Fort Knox, but it is a theft of hard to replace items and can't be ignored.

Rocky

Honorificabilitudinitatibus
Apr 4, 2002
www.rockysbar.com
Ladybird, he is American, black, about 200 pounds, around age 30.

M.A.R, he cleaned out one bedroom, taking all the sheets, towels, blankets, etc. Even the mattress cover/pad. Not like breaking into Fort Knox, but it is a theft of hard to replace items and can't be ignored.
Stealing is stealing, even if the items weren't hard to replace.
As he was entrusted with the keys to the condo, the offense is greater than simple theft.
It is called abuso de confianza, and carries a maximum penalty of 5 years in prison.

Kyle

Silver
Jun 2, 2006
i bet he is from NY/NJ not stereotyping. when i left a few days ago, there were quite a few younger guys staying in and around sosua. i bet you can find him at Clasico tonight.....

chadverizon

Apr 2, 2005
Any chance he has been going to the gym in Sosua while here? I know of someone that might fit that discription.
Where is he from?

Kyle

Silver
Jun 2, 2006
i wonder if he had somone with him that stole the goods ? i really don't believe he was that anal to steal those items although the ultimate responsibility was his since he rented the room.

Tamborista

hasta la tambora
Apr 4, 2005
I am fairly sure his passport number and REAL NAME are on file in the office since I personally know the administrator runs a very tight ship @ El Neptuno!

I agree an Impedimiento de Salida is in order if this ladrone does not return the stuff to it's rightful owner. Even if one of his novias decided she liked a new set of percale sheets, the renter is ultimately responsible to pay for the missing goods.

tambo

Ken

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
Stealing is stealing, even if the items weren't hard to replace.
As he was entrusted with the keys to the condo, the offense is greater than simple theft.
It is called abuso de confianza, and carries a maximum penalty of 5 years in prison.

That is our feeling, too, Rocky. This is serious business.

Re comments about having help, this is possible. He often had a prostitute with him. But he is responsible.

Tamborista, you are right. We have his name and passport number. We also have the names and cedula numbers of the girls he took to his apartment while he was here. This should give the police something to work with if this is necessary.

We are on his trail. We are in contact with somebody in the US who knows him well and who is in contact with him and we have been assured the stolen items will be returned without the need to involve the police. We'll see.

Rocky

Honorificabilitudinitatibus
Apr 4, 2002
www.rockysbar.com
The last dude I caught in a similar act, I made him pay extra for my time and inconvenience.
His other option was the pokey.

Tamborista

hasta la tambora
Apr 4, 2005
I say Impedimiento the P.O.S. to leave and watch him find his next meal in jail.

tambo's .02 centavos

danely

Apr 23, 2004
"Michael John", come on now, por favor !...that should have been the first tip off....wasn't he in Wham in the
'80s ???

Kyle

Silver
Jun 2, 2006
i am in the washington dc area and if you need any assistance here, give me a shout. i have friends over here at the state department and i know a contact in the dominican republic ambassador's office here. all i need is to shoot them an email and they in turn will notify the state department.

but let's hope all works out without these drastic measures....

Tamborista

hasta la tambora
Apr 4, 2005
Kyle:

I think you better keep Condee in the loop, we are not talking just your basic Percale here, the rumour around La Puntilla is that these were 100% Egyptian Cotton 1000TC sheets.

Let's hope this does not turn into an nasty coup @ POP.

tambo

danely

Apr 23, 2004
Let us hope that the State Dept. has more pressing matters to attend to.....but I do think we might want to bring in the Egypt desk if it comes to diplomatic efforts, as it seems the sheets may have originated there.