Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: pepper spray

Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

Default pepper spray

Does anyone know where to buy pepper spray and small alarms?

Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

You should be able to find them in any ferreteria or hardware store. Also see Radio Shack. Also see gun shop.

Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

Where are you? In Santo Domingo you can find it in any Supermarket or Cuesta (at the cashier they always have them on display)

*** Sin Bin ***
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by dmad View Post
    Does anyone know where to buy pepper spray and small alarms?

Pepper sprays are useless, except for spicing up a chalupa or a taco (great on burritos also). Since they are made from capsicain, the same stuff that makes chili peppers taste hot.

Platinum
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mirador View Post
    Pepper sprays are useless, except for spicing up a chalupa or a taco (great on burritos also). Since they are made from capsicain, the same stuff that makes chili peppers taste hot.
    I dunno. A shot in the eyes will stop even the most enraged perp long enough to make a hasty escape.

My fiance carries a palm-sized little container whenever she walks on the street.

*** Sin Bin ***
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by cobraboy View Post
    I dunno. A shot in the eyes will stop even the most enraged perp long enough to make a hasty escape.

My fiance carries a palm-sized little container whenever she walks on the street.

In order for it to work as you suggest, then you would have to bring the container up to the eye level of your attacker, and not further than six inches away from his face. And if you are able to do this, then your attacker is no "enraged perp". Actually, pulling an object from your purse or pocket while you face an attacker is foolish to say the least. Your action could be interpreted as pulling out a more offensive weapon, like a gun, and provoke an even more aggressive response. I would recommend something more practical, like carying a police whistle on a cord around your neck...

Platinum
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mirador View Post
    In order for it to work as you suggest, then you would have to bring the container up to the eye level of your attacker, and not further than six inches away from his face. And if you are able to do this, then your attacker is no "enraged perp". Actually, pulling an object from your purse or pocket while you face an attacker is foolish to say the least. Your action could be interpreted as pulling out a more offensive weapon, like a gun, and provoke an even more aggressive response. I would recommend something more practical, like carying a police whistle on a cord around your neck...
    The container she carreis shoots a strong stream six feet. It is in her hand, not her purse.

'Course mace would be better.

Silver
    Post Thanks / Like

is it legal to carry pepper spray on a key chain in the DR ? here in the US you can. if so, then carry it on a key chain in your hand. but again, the element of surprise is against you.
    if it shoots a stream (your mace), what if the perp moves out of the way ?
    also if you are too close to the person you shoot, you too will be affected if you're in an enclosed area like a room or if this person grabs you once you mace/pepper spray them.

i hope that you will stay out of areas where self-defense spray is needed....

Silver
    Post Thanks / Like

As long as you spray in the facial area, it'll work fine. I think all women should at least take some form of self-defense class, it's good to know something.

Silver
    Post Thanks / Like

It also has the advantage that in case a struggle ensues and it is turned against yourself, no permanent injury to yourself will result. Better quality products are also available mixed with an indelible dye. Marks your attacker for police identification for a few weeks.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast