desperately seeking pumpkin!!!

nebraskamom

May 4, 2005
please, the turkey dinner hangs in the balance! I live in santiago and have been to pricemart, sirena, and nacional and canned pumpkin is no where to be found! if anyone has any or knows where I can buy some please pm me asap!!!!

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
Dear Nebraskamom: use Auyama!! cook it the same way you would real pumpkin!! I've done it!! It works!!

In lieu of Rocky's sending you a few cans of the real stuff!!

HB

Campesina

Sep 12, 2004
check allrecipies.com many recipies for pumpkin pies from scratch. Substitute cooked auyama for pumpkin.

nebraskamom

May 4, 2005
can you get auyama already mushed in the can?? i've never even made a pumpkin pie from real pumpkin!

Chirimoya

Dec 9, 2002
Supermercado Nacional Bella Vista Mall branch in Santo Domingo had a little Thanksgiving food display, with imports from the US. I didn't look closely but there was cranberry sauce among other things. Maybe the Santiago branches have this as well?
We have some information on the Dominican Cooking site about using auyama instead of pumpkin, written by DR1 member Diane. ;)

Snuffy

Bronze
May 3, 2002
I just got back from Santiago Supermercado National and the Libbys Pumpkin in can is available for 60RD. It can be located in the baking isle. Better hurry...about ten left.