Any Dominicans in Atlanta Georgia?

mayte

Jul 17, 2005
Can anyone help? I reside in New York city since I was .. well practically
almost all my life.. Considering relocating to Atlanta but I am a little hesitant about the move. Eventhough Atlanta is one of the most promising City withing U.S. I would like to know if there is any Dominicans or even Hispanics. If they hold good jobs and attend universities and all that..

Help.

AZB

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
I am from Atlanta but now I live in santiago. Atlanta is bursting with latinos. There are latinos of all sorts from all imaginable countries. There is a sizable dominican community there for many years. The majority of spanish speaking people you would find there are the labor class mexicans. They live in atlanta to work in construction and other odd jobs. Your best bet of finding your type latinos would be the malls, latino restaurants, universities and dance clubs. Once you are settled down there, you will meet plenty of latinos. I went to school in marietta and had many latino friends.
AZB

Mirador

On Permanent Vacation!
Apr 15, 2004
My eldest son Steve (35), who is a member of this board, although born in Caracas, was raised in the DR, and is Dominican at heart. He now lives in Atlanta. Come on! Steve, raise your hand!!! ;-)

Mirador

leromero

Bronze
May 30, 2004
web.mac.com
There are many dominicans in Atlanta. There is another thread on this subject with actual directions to dominican businesses. I've gone out with some colombianas, but know there are some nice dominicanas around. :)

franco-da-chef

Oct 5, 2006
I used to live in atlanta,but now I live in houston...
Never did meet too many dominicans,besides my family and their friends.
There are dominicans out there, especially in the north side(marietta,gwinnett county) There is even a restaurant/night club in gwinnett called Santo Domingo.Good food but the club was waaayyy better!
Dominicans in atlanta live good, they own homes and are professinals.
Hope it all goes well for you!

VinceD

Aug 10, 2006
I went to a club on the northeast side that someone already mentioned called "Santo Domingo". Puro dominicano. I even had a presidente. Looks like the whole area has a large Dominican population.

corecto

Jun 18, 2003
good restaurant in Atlanta

I ate some great dominican food while in Atlata last year at at Restaurant called: Mi Pilon. The owner is an ex New Yorker and very nice lady. Good luck. I liked Atlata.

Alyonka

Silver
Jun 3, 2006
What are these links? Are these related to DR? Some of them are in Russian and describe things not related to this site at all:ermm: Is there a way to get rid of spam on this forum just like in email for example?

Last edited by a moderator:

deelt

Bronze
Mar 23, 2004
There are many Dominicans in Atlanta. Within a 10-20 miles radius I had my choice of 3-4 Dominican owned hair salons and 2 restaurants. And even access to a botanica/brujo if I wanted one, lol. You will be just fine. Just be wary of the undergroud current regarding Dominicanas...But yes folks that grow out of their tigeraje do very well there.

Rick Snyder

Silver
Nov 19, 2003
Avrora,

It is extremely difficult to catch all threads in the forums I moderate and therefore depend on the board members to help.

In the upper right hand corner you will see a number of a particular post. If you think the post doesn't belong in the thread just click that number and a "Bad post" screen will appear. Just type in your complaint in the box and click submit. That report will then be sent to me and Robert so that we may take the necessary action on that post.

Rick

Latino2002

Bronze
Jan 1, 2002
Here In Atlanta we have the Dominican International Association Dominican International Association, Inc.
The Dominican Chamber of commerce. Now you can see Dominicans every where. Morrow, Jonesboro, Hapton, Gwinet, East Point. Diferents Dominican Restaurants. Even the local Hispanish FM Radio Station is been managment by Dominicans (VIVA FM 105.7FM).

ALso Atlanta Is the sister city of Salcedo in the DR.

http://www.atlantaga.gov/international/sistercity_salcedo.aspx

The mission of the Atlanta-Salcedo Sister City Program is to promote exchange and cooperation between the citizens of Atlanta, Georgia in the United States of America, and Salcedo, the Dominican Republic. These relationship will focus on three areas:

? Educational Exchange

? Cultural Exchange

? Economical Exchange

This program is conducted by the Atlanta-Salcedo Sister City Committee located in Atlanta, Georgia.

juan189

Oct 31, 2006
www.geocities.com
Some dominicans in Atlanta - not many

Hello everybody,

THanks to the admin for this great site by the way,

Im dominican and I have lived in Atlanta for 2.5 years and rarely ever seen a dominican store/organization/ or grouping unlike in other cities like miami.

Thanks to this site i will be actively pursuing the leads y'all have passed on but i cant say their is a "community" of dominicans in atlanta yet.

i could be wrong though,

juan189@yahoo.com

ninahhh

Mar 6, 2007
and i was going to say that there are huge populations of dominicans in gwinnette county, cobb county and clayton counties. many many businesses that cater to hispanics, period. i was also made aware of the dominican "town" in jonesboro, which is clayton county, south of atlanta, near where i live.

a great piece of info, many people fly their banderas in their cars, so puerto ricans, dominicans, and hatians alike are easy to spot. hope that helsp too!