Page 1 of 29 12311 ... LastLast
    Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Fiscal in Sosua Cabello shot?

I heard a from a co-worker of mine that the former Fiscal of Sosua, now in Puerta Plata, was shot and killed last night. Possibly in a gun fight with a cop. The radio reported that he killed a police officer and then a police officer killed him.
    Can anyone substantiate this?

Gold
    Post Thanks / Like

Yes, he is dead, the rest is open to speculation.

Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

Gold
    Post Thanks / Like

Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

Default What's realy going on?

There is a lot more to this then meets the eye.[ Strictly my opinion]
    I live next to the la Cenega, and hear nightly gun battles. Not caused by road rage, or domestic violence. What I hear is. It's a common problem, and when the bullets start flying all these poor, and innocent people have to hit the floor, or even go under their beds.
    Now, a Fiscal has been killed. [ by the police ] Something is way out of control, and if the PRESIDENT does not get a QUICK handle on it. This beautiful country, and it's beautiful people, and those of us guests who live here. are going to see a very drastic change in life style.
    Again this is just my opinion, and I am only sharing a bit of what I think. Any one who has been here a while can read between the lines, and should be aware of the coming change.

Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

My girlfriend just talked with her parents this morning and they say everything is on lock down as a result of this killing. Her brother's high school graduation that was scheduled for this weekend has been postponed/cancelled. They say the sentiment is that the police are happy that Ceballos is dead as he interfered with their ability to take bribes from drug dealers.

Honorificabilitudinitatibus
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Johanfitz View Post
    There is a lot more to this then meets the eye.[ Strictly my opinion]
    I live next to the la Cenega, and hear nightly gun battles. Not caused by road rage, or domestic violence. What I hear is. It's a common problem, and when the bullets start flying all these poor, and innocent people have to hit the floor, or even go under their beds.
    Now, a Fiscal has been killed. [ by the police ] Something is way out of control, and if the PRESIDENT does not get a QUICK handle on it. This beautiful country, and it's beautiful people, and those of us guests who live here. are going to see a very drastic change in life style.
    Again this is just my opinion, and I am only sharing a bit of what I think. Any one who has been here a while can read between the lines, and should be aware of the coming change.
    Assuming the reported info is correct, I see this quite differently.
    According to the editorial, the POP fiscal was being investigated for his complicity in the drug trade, and was shot during his arrest.
    From my humble point of view, this is a step in the right direction.
    The fact that he resisted arrest and got shot is incidental.
    The fact that the government would be taking steps to arrest corrupt officials, is fantastic, as I said, assuming the reports are accurate.

Honorificabilitudinitatibus
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Chris_NJ View Post
    My girlfriend just talked with her parents this morning and they say everything is on lock down as a result of this killing. Her brother's high school graduation that was scheduled for this weekend has been postponed/cancelled. They say the sentiment is that the police are happy that Ceballos is dead as he interfered with their ability to take bribes from drug dealers.
    That's interesting, as I hear similar rumours.
    So are the rumours true, that he was shot for his anti-drug stance, or for his complicity?

Silver
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Rocky View Post
    That's interesting, as I hear similar rumours.
    So are the rumours true, that he was shot for his anti-drug stance, or for his complicity?
    Could be both, not unheard of for a dirty prosecutor to be dealing with one hand while prosecuting the competition with the other.

Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

Yes, I can see that as a possibility. But to think what we read [repot] from our trusted servants is fact. For get it. john

Page 1 of 29 12311 ... LastLast