All-Inclusive in Punta Cana

hobiecatlob

Nov 16, 2006
I mistakenly posted this yesterday in travel directions. So this is a re-post in the right section!

I'm shopping for a Punta Cana AI hotel for the week of Dec. 17-24th. So many reviews I have read are so confusing as so many people contradict eachother.

My wish list is as follows.

Most Important:

• Great beach
  • Clean/Safe Rooms
  • Access to lounge chairs without having the do a 6:00AM mad dash to save one.
  • Fun nightlife or close proximity to fun nightlife

Important:

• Good/Safe Food
  • Friendly Staff
  • Water Activities
  • More geared for couples than children/families
  • Within 30 minutes of the airport.
  • Close to a town to visit and explore.

I would really appreciate some suggestions from fellow DR1'ers. Does anyone have any advice as to what the best AI hotels are in Punta Cana based on the criteria I've listed above?

Thanks in advance!

Any resort on Bavaro has a great beach, most of the resorts there have clean rooms and nightlife is good on the resorts as well as there are some off resort places that are decent.

I have been to many in Punta Cana and have had no problems with any I have been too, they will fit your prerequisites quite well.

Palladium Bavaro
Palladium Punta Cana
Palladium Palace
Allegro Punta Cana
Bavaro Princess
Grand Bahia Principe
Majestic Colonial
Riu's or Iberostars

not in any particular order, but I will be making my third return trip to the Palladiuj complex in January...that might tell you something.

Vee510

Nov 4, 2006
my 2 cents

I have only been to the DR once - in October. I stayed at the Gran Bahia Principe and absolutely loved it! The beach is the same beach on the entire strip. Next time I am going to try Palladium or Occidental. The night club we went to was Mangu and it is part of the Occidental resort. Palladium is next door to it. This will save on the cab fare for the night life. I found the entertainment inside the resort not as good as the more livlier nightclub closer to town.

V :>

hobiecatlob

Nov 16, 2006
Thanks for the suggestions! I booked the RIU Palace Macao, Dec 17-24. I found quite a few positive reviews on it and it seems to have everything we're looking for. It has a nightclub but from what I've read it's not the best. How far is the Mangu nightclub from the Palace Macao, anyone know?

Again, thanks for the help. I will be sure to post a review when I'm back.

pnkfloyd718

Dec 4, 2006
I have only been to the DR once - in October. I stayed at the Gran Bahia Principe and absolutely loved it! The beach is the same beach on the entire strip. Next time I am going to try Palladium or Occidental. The night club we went to was Mangu and it is part of the Occidental resort. Palladium is next door to it. This will save on the cab fare for the night life. I found the entertainment inside the resort not as good as the more livlier nightclub closer to town.

V :>

Just a suggestion
Dont go to Occidental .
they have the worst food ever and No night life except for the disco

pnkfloyd718

Dec 4, 2006
I mistakenly posted this yesterday in travel directions. So this is a re-post in the right section!

I'm shopping for a Punta Cana AI hotel for the week of Dec. 17-24th. So many reviews I have read are so confusing as so many people contradict eachother.

My wish list is as follows.

Most Important:

• Great beach
  • Clean/Safe Rooms
  • Access to lounge chairs without having the do a 6:00AM mad dash to save one.
  • Fun nightlife or close proximity to fun nightlife

Important:

• Good/Safe Food
  • Friendly Staff
  • Water Activities
  • More geared for couples than children/families
  • Within 30 minutes of the airport.
  • Close to a town to visit and explore.

I would really appreciate some suggestions from fellow DR1'ers. Does anyone have any advice as to what the best AI hotels are in Punta Cana based on the criteria I've listed above?

Thanks in advance!

Id have to say club excellence is one of the best
The ocean is a little roguh , but i guess it all depends on the season .
I will be down there December 23-30
Looking foward to meeting people to party with............
Anyone please Pm me if youll be there also