east coast to west coast

bugg-z

Nov 19, 2006
can anyone tell me how long it takes to get from east coast of dr to west coast i wanna have an idea for when i go also like from the capital to san francisco de macoris and the places everyoen goes to for the beaches how long from one beach to another? i just wanna have an idea because i plan on partying alot when i go

Rocky

Honorificabilitudinitatibus
Apr 4, 2002
www.rockysbar.com
can anyone tell me how long it takes to get from east coast of dr to west coast i wanna have an idea for when i go also like from the capital to san francisco de macoris and the places everyoen goes to for the beaches how long from one beach to another? i just wanna have an idea because i plan on partying alot when i go
We don't have a West coast, per se, as our Western limits, border up against Haiti.
Which town/city/village would be your starting point, and going where?
And how would you be traveling?
Public transport or your own wheels?

Feb 15, 2005
I have driven from Puerto Plata to Barahona in 6 hours. From Barahona to Perdenales (which is the south western most town before Haiti) in 1 1/2 to 2 hours. This will all deepen on the time of day you start your trips.

A

apostropheman

for perspective: i took the bus (metro then caribe tours) from higuey to sosua. left higuey at 5:00am and was in rocky's before 1:30pm.

so that's 8.5 hours with professional drivers. it did take me an hour to change buses in santo domingo and we stopped for 15 minutes in santiago.:bunny::bunny::bunny:

Last edited:

Rocky

Honorificabilitudinitatibus
Apr 4, 2002
www.rockysbar.com
for perspective: i took the bus (metro then caribe tours) from higuey to sosua. left higuey at 5:00am and was in rocky's before 1:30pm.

so that's 8.5 hours with professional drivers. it did take me an hour to change buses in santo domingo and we stopped for 15 minutes in santiago.:bunny::bunny::bunny:
I bet you'll never do that again.
You made great time, but that's too big a penalty to pay in terms of time, except of course, if you meet your future ex-wife on the bus.

A

apostropheman

I bet you'll never do that again.
You made great time, but that's too big a penalty to pay in terms of time, except of course, if you meet your future ex-wife on the bus.
considering the trip i did this on was only 8 days (last dec 26-jan1) it was a crazy thing to do but i was desperate to get to Rocky's for the "champagne run". as you know i did fly back from POP to Punta Cana. however if i was "home" for a much longer time period i would use the bus to tour the island. it's so affordable reliable that it makes sense to me. i have no desire to drive there and it has to cost much more just for the fuel cost alone.

...and i met the future ex thru friends but that's another story:bunny::bunny::bunny:

A

apostropheman

Then it was worth it.
it was worth it for many reasons and i actually enjoyed it....but i'm a bit strange:cheeky:

it was to be my second straight new years on the "champagne run". i found myself able to get the time off from work, against all odds, at very short notice and the only flight i could afford comfortably and that worked with my time frame was to Punta Cana.

i'm already looking everyday for a reasonable flight for this year. i really want to be there...even if i have to call in sick to get the time off:pirate:

:bunny::bunny:for those that don't know what i'm talking about do a search for "rocky champagne run". it's the best night of the year to a great many of us!:bunny::bunny: