Success?

jrf

Bronze
Jan 9, 2005
Anyone having some success as an expat doing real estate sales in the RD?
What's it like?

Robert

Stay Frosty!
Jan 2, 1999
dr1.com
As Ken said, lots of them. Anyone can go into realestate here, you do not need a license or any training etc. The downside is that this is reflected in the quality of some agents... Many bounce around between companies or start their own hole in the wall offices.

luz

Sep 27, 2006
Suggestion

My suggestion is to first build your network in your home country. Just like any business, the contacts you have are the most important thing. These people could be real estate investors, real estate agencies, bankers, lawyers, etc...
Of course you'll have to know the country and well !!! On your legal team you should have Fabio Guzman lawyers, the best lawyers here. Not cheap but definitely the best !

As a businessman myself, I'd suggest you to come with a definite project in mind. If you know what you want, then there are many more chances you will get what you want. Do not think small, think BIG !!! This is free advice !!!! Move forward and work on your project then come here to give jobs to the people and make the DR a better place !!!!! Good nite !!!! :bunny: