Trouble In Paradise

Status
Not open for further replies.

castleburger

Sep 4, 2006
I find it truly amazing that none of you are talking about what happened in sosua abajo today and tonight. I and an employee went to pick up two other employees and thought we was in a war zone. Didnt get to pick up the employees because of a fire barracade. When I tried leaving sosua abajo, a group of about 30 youths were throwing bottles and rocks at the police and the police were shooting back. With bullets whistling by my jeepeta, (going about 100 miles per hour in reverse) I and the employee (also an ex-pat) got safely around a corner. Driving around in abajo we found no other way out except through the gun fire. A gentleman in a suit with a video recorder ordered the youths to let us through, and they did. But as soon as we hit the main road the gunfire erupted again in our direction from the police. And amazingly enough it was business as usual in el batey. Seems everyone just chose to ignore this riot taking place just a couple miles away. I heard that a youth was killed in that scuffle when we got out on the road. Everyone should be very careful for the next few days. Everything looked peaceful when we turned in to abajo, and it erupted very quickly....

DominicanScotty

On Vacation!
Jun 12, 2004
Mr Castelburger

Welcome to the DR! These are real things one must think about before they move here. There are people here who think I just got off the plane and other members want you to believe that. I laugh at all of you that do not have a clue and simply because you "so call" live there. So what? If you do not have connections and don't have a clue as to what is going on? What difference does it make whether you live in NY, Montreal, Toronto, Brussels, Oshkosh Wisconsin, or some "cage" in Sosua? This is what it is so if you don't like it, don't understand it, want to forget it....? It is what it is.

No candy coating it here from the bad guy that nobody wants to hear from.

Peace

Scotty telling it like it is!

Chris

Gold
Oct 21, 2002
www.caribbetech.com
castleburger, seeing that there is a thread where the huelga is being discussed, I'm going to close this one. Feel free to join in the other thread.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.