Don't know if you can help me!

carolina_22

May 31, 2004
Hi all,

Ok, not sure where to start but Im going to explain my story here. Last year I worked in Punta Cana for a couple of months, and since a month Im thinking of going back because I miss the ambiance and heat and job, good money, everything actually. Thers is maybe a job opening with the company I work for, not sure yet, I will get the answer later this week. The thing is that I was so convinced that I wanted to leave again, which is still the case, that I told myself and everyone around me that I was going, even if I dont get this job, I would find one on the spot. Now Im starting to freak out because if I dont this job, it means that I am leaving the company ( tour operator ) after 5 years, good insurance & salary. I don't like my job here anymore, I would look for another one anyway, but the fact of leaving everything I mean security in salary and everything, to go in some place where Im not even sure I will find a good job soon, thats starting to scare me!!! loll

Of course I have to wait for the answer first, if I get it, no questions asked, but in case the position is not opening, I need to think about it! The reason I am asking is because the people around me here won't understand my point as they all say, you're crazy to leave everything without being sure of having a job there, you still have payments to do....and my friends in Punta Cana say completely the opposite, that Im a chicken, that for sure I will find a job....but these people do have a good job so very easy to say. So I don't know what to think anymore, if I should leave everything (if thats what happens) or stay here with an assured job. Of course, everybody thinks differently, some people would do it some not...

Im just asking for your opinion.
Thanks!!!

Snuffy

Bronze
May 3, 2002
Smart thing to do is stay where you are until you have secured job in Punta Cana. And don't care about what people might say for you changing your mind. But, if you are single without kids...then go for it...you aren't going to die from it. Worst thing that could happen is you don't get a job and then you return home and start something else. Best of Luck.

miguel

I didn't last long...
Jul 2, 2003
Here it goes....

I will tell you the same thing I told my nephew, a few years ago, when he faced the same situation:

There's nothing wrong with you saving enough money and THEN doing what your heart is telling you to do.

I told him, also, that he should save enough money just in case things don't go too well over there (in my nephew's case it was Holland).

At least you know that if you take enough money with you, if things don't go your way, you can still support yourself and then, when the money is gone and you still have not found a good job, you can always come back home.

Bottom line, plan A is to move over there, plan B is "I should bring enough money in case I don't land a good job right away".

Suerte.