community agencies?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Apple

Nov 24, 2006
This might seem like a silly question but I thought I'd throw this out there in case it's possible - I'll be staying at an AI in the north coast and I don't like to sit around and do nothing for too long so I was wondering if there are community agencies/organizations in the north coast where I can volunteer my timefor a few days?
A bit about me if it helps - I have basic Spanish skills and I'm a social worker/counsellor by profession.

BushBaby

Silver
Jan 1, 2002
www.casabush.org
The North Coast stretches a mile or two Apple, would you care to narrow it down a bit? If you are staying in Playa Dorada, send me a PM about the school just across the road from that hotel complex - they have a social worker/councillor in there for the children!

If you are in the Sosua or Cabarete areas I am sure someone will step up to the plate with some info - Luperon, however ......... you might have to do your own investigating over there!!

Good Luck & enjoy your holiday regardless ~ Grahame.

midsmikeuk

Oct 5, 2006
Respect to you

My total respect to you, I am a Social Worker in the UK and must admit leave my social work brain back in the UK. Due to the pressure of the job need 2 weeks of the laid back Domincan Republic, admire you for giving up some of your time to do some voluntary work.

Status
Not open for further replies.