Why is the Sosua issue in the Open forum?

Status
Not open for further replies.

jackieboo

On Vaction without a return ticket!
Mar 18, 2006
Just don't understand why the issues that are happening in Sosua were moved to the open forum.

If ANY issue should be discussed in the LIVING section it should be this?

Could it be that the moderaters here feel that the reporting of this shouldn't be reported openly?

Rocky

Honorificabilitudinitatibus
Apr 4, 2002
www.rockysbar.com
Just don't understand why the issues that are happening in Sosua were moved to the open forum.

Could it be that the moderaters here feel that the reporting of this shouldn't be reported openly?
I can't speak for the moderator's decisions, but I can tell you that if you navigate DR1, by clicking on "New Posts", then, "get all new posts", then you will get all posts made since you last logged in, regardless of which forum they are in.
This way, you can rapidly surf the site for anything and everything of interest.

jackieboo

On Vaction without a return ticket!
Mar 18, 2006
Maybe

I can't speak for the moderator's decisions, but I can tell you that if you navigate DR1, by clicking on "New Posts", then, "get all new posts", then you will get all posts made since you last logged in, regardless of which forum they are in.
This way, you can rapidly surf the site for anything and everything of interest.

Rocky I know that the it's easy to navigate however I would guess that the bulk of the viewers just look in the 'LIVING' section.

It just seems weird that the biggest thing that's happened here in awhile was moved to a forum at the bottom of the list. Why?

I think it's because the moderators here have a vested interest in the economy, what with the DR1 real estate and other advertising, and would prefer if the situation was 'harder' to find.

I find this action to be deplorable and want Chris and the other moderators to move the Fiscal thread back to the 'Living' thread.

This is BIG news and it deserves to be populated in a place that is easily found by the newest member. I for one think that this needs to be easily found the the newest members of DR1.

Come on moderators, you're fast in closing threads, how about answering these questions?

BushBaby

Silver
Jan 1, 2002
www.casabush.org
Again, not wanting to pre-empt the moderators reply, my own feeling id that putting information about deaths & shootings in the 'LIVING' forum might be a bit inappropriate! Now if you had said the 'NORTH COAST' I could have gone along with that. Mind you, those from other parts of the Island might have felt precluded from responding to a NATIONAL problem if it had gone purely to the North Coast forum.

As it is being debated ...... maybe that could have been chosen? It is certainly 'Political' but then not too many actually go in to that forum!!

'Open - General' sits well with me!! ~ Grahame.

Just seen your reply to Rocky & think that is a load of Bull. I don't see eye to eye with the owners of the board nor with many of the moderators, but I think you have the reasoning a bit scewed here!! ~ G.

Last edited:

Chirimoya

Dec 9, 2002
Speculation, but my guess is that it's more to do with who's available to moderate a thread on a particularly sensitive topic.

A

apostropheman

what a load of ****.

what's your interest in being so provocative?

as for your "guess" guess again. what makes you think you know how most people navigate this site?

Rocky I know that the it's easy to navigate however I would guess that the bulk of the viewers just look in the 'LIVING' section.

It just seems weird that the biggest thing that's happened here in awhile was moved to a forum at the bottom of the list. Why?

I think it's because the moderators here have a vested interest in the economy, what with the DR1 real estate and other advertising, and would prefer if the situation was 'harder' to find.

I find this action to be deplorable and want Chris and the other moderators to move the Fiscal thread back to the 'Living' thread.

This is BIG news and it deserves to be populated in a place that is easily found by the newest member. I for one think that this needs to be easily found the the newest members of DR1.

Come on moderators, you're fast in closing threads, how about answering these questions?

Robert

Stay Frosty!
Jan 2, 1999
dr1.com

The thread has been moved by me to the "Living" forum.
This is the correct forum and has nothing to do with your "deplorable" comment which just fell on death ears in my case.

As for your conspiracy theory BS comments about advertisers, real estate etc, you need to become a little bit more informed about the history of DR1 and how many advertisers we have lost and gained due to our actions and actions of others on this website in the past.

Thread closed!

Status
Not open for further replies.