About the Cardinal's "Coming out against homosexuality" comment

Status
Not open for further replies.

aegap

Silver
Mar 19, 2005
Coming out against homosexuality
Cardinal Nicolas de Jesus Lopez Rodriguez declared his opposition to gays in the military yesterday because according to him, the presence of homosexuals in the armed forces would negate the structure of the chain of command. He is quoted in El Caribe newspaper as saying that the moment a lieutenant and a general get married the chain of command is weakened. The Cardinal made his comment after being asked why people with "obvious sexual deviations" shouldn't be allowed into the military. The Cardinal continued by saying that the moment the military allows married homosexuals into their units they will lose out on the fundamental principle of discipline.

I don't get it. ..does that mean only males are allowed in command posts?

El Tigre

El Tigre de DR1 - Moderator
Jan 23, 2003
You will probably never get it. That's just the way it is in a country like the DR. I feel bad for homosexuals in the DR. People make fun of them and ridicule them most of the time whenever I see them in the streets.

something_of_the_night

Has left the building...
Feb 7, 2006
You will probably never get it. That's just the way it is in a country like the DR. I feel bad for homosexuals in the DR. People make fun of them and ridicule them most of the time whenever I see them in the streets.

I would venture to say that most of the ones doing the ridiculing are in the closet themselves - the macho attitude acts as a smoke screen.

aegap

Silver
Mar 19, 2005
Hey it happens in the U.S all the time. ..with the head of the largest Evangelical association most recently

Don Juan

Living Brain Donor
Dec 5, 2003
The hypocrisy boggles the mind!!

Is this the same cardinal that wanted to ban all gays from ciudad colonial?

You Know, for the life of me I can't understand the double standards of this man.
The entire Catholic church is teeming with homosexuals! ....Why is he not cleaning up his own House?!!

The entire Catholic hierarchy is composed of men who seemingly condone homosexuality and pedophilia! How distressing is that?

Is HE without SIN? Let him throw the first stone then. He probably sucks covertly, the bastard!

Before you devout Catholics condemn me, let me tell you that I am not anti sectarian. I'm only anti the ****ing abusive bastards living under the cloak of virtue, morality and decency.

May they burn in hell!!!

Last edited:

Chirimoya

Dec 9, 2002
Don't hold back, Don Juan!

The OP makes a good point. There is at least one woman General in the Dominican army. What about the scenario where she, or any other women anywhere in the ranks, might marry a subordinate or a superior?

The fixation is suspect. So much to worry about in this society, and yet he spends a disproportionate amount of time and energy obsessing about gays.

jrzyguy

Bronze
May 5, 2004
I dont get it...is he only against "married" homosexuals in the military? Or ones that are in committed relationships? and by that does he mean that if you are gay and plunking everything in sight then its ok..cuz that is how it works in HIS church?!?!?!

Very confusing quote.

Please Don Juan...dont lump gays in with pedophiles...there is no connection there (and lets not discuss it here..its just a fact)

Don Juan

Living Brain Donor
Dec 5, 2003
clarifying.

Please Don Juan...dont lump gays in with pedophiles...there is no connection there (and lets not discuss it here..its just a fact)[/QUOTE]

jrzguy. I'm not. But you must admit that both are not mutually exclusive. Eh?

jrzyguy

Bronze
May 5, 2004
one really has nothing to do with the other.

There are messed up gays and straights alike. Pedophelia has nothing to do gay folk. In fact..most pedophiles go after little girls...but again...pedophelia isnt about sex.

I think you might be alluding to the perception of gays being into kink or promescuity? Well...i dont thing the gays have a lock on that one...Plenty of straight folks are kinky and/or promiscuous as well.

Anyhoo..lets keep this to the Cardinals comments.

Don Juan

Living Brain Donor
Dec 5, 2003
Pedophiles can be BOTH!

Gays or not, or something in-between. There's no defining description per-se about pedophiles, but there's one thing real and scary about religious fanatics: A number of them believe that it's their divine command {sic} to exploit children!
One does not have to look further than Mormons and Quakers.... They are both notorious for having wives (sex) as young as 10!!

can we hold them accountable?...... You tell me!

Last edited:

jrzyguy

Bronze
May 5, 2004
Gays or not, or something in-between. There's no defining description per-se about pedophiles, but there's one thing real and scary about religious fanatics: A number of them believe that it's their divine command {sic} to exploit children!
One does not have to look further than Mormons and Quakers.... They are both notorious for having wives (sex) as young as 10!!

can we hold them accountable?...... You tell me!

I totaly share your disgust and distain regarding pedophiles!!! but the op was not about pedophiles in the military...rather it was about gays in the military. dont put them in the same boat is all i am saying. Critisize the hypocrites in the church all you want.

AZB

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002

Tigre, you have been to the streets of santiago. let me ask you, don't you laugh behind the little team of fags in tight jeans, skirts and even blouses, often high heals walking in crowded places like monumento, swinging their behinds, desperately trying to attract attention? These guys are a joke, they attract attention and make people laugh at them. They are a bunch of clowns.
There is this aggressive fag who roams the streets of santiago, blackmailing men into giving him money. If you turn him down, he will yell out loud that this man is his secret lover and takes him to motels. this kid is dirty, smells and always seen dressed up as sexy hooker. He was beaten up in my office building once when he was making a pass at some messenger boy who worked for a law office.
There are many groups of fags in santiago who dress up as sexy weird hookers in tiny skirts, wigs and heels. They walk all over santiago to have people look at them. Then you have a gay bar in monumento area and in los pipinos, you have transvestites who look like women in the dark.
These gays are nothing but a bunch of shameless clowns. They all try to pick up straight men. Many get beat up regularly for making aggressive passes at men.
So tell me, who won't people laugh at them?
AZB

Lambada

Gold
Mar 4, 2004
www.ginniebedggood.com
Getting back to the Cardinal - I really don't know what he is worried about. As far as I'm aware marriage between gays is not permitted in the DR, in the military or in civilian life. Do you think someone ought to tell him?

Maybe they could also suggest he should study ancient Greek history about his concerns over gays in the military and the chain of command............

Status
Not open for further replies.