Cedula question

zoomzx11

Gold
Jan 21, 2006
I have heard conflicting information as to when I am able to bring in a container and a car without exorbitant taxes. I am applying for my cedula. I understand that there are two processes. The first is a provisional. Am I allowed to bring in my auto and furniture at that time or is it necessary to wait until I acutally have the cedula in my hand which is a year and one half more or less ? Anyone know?? Thanks. Richard

zak023

Done and dusted!
Feb 8, 2006
Did you do a search ?

This question pops up at least once a week ..There has to be hours of good reading..All recent info about this...Do a search and your question will be answered..Even questions you havent even thought to ask yet......

SantiagoDR

The "REAL" SantiagoDR
Jan 12, 2006
Cedula

The first is a provisional. Am I allowed to bring in my auto and furniture at that time or is it necessary to wait until I acutally have the cedula in my hand which is a year and one half more or less ? Anyone know?? Thanks. Richard

When you become eligible for the "provisional" you must go get your cedula and then return back to the office to pick up your "provisional". You will be given a paper to go get the cedula and then you will return to the office.

Chris

Gold
Oct 21, 2002
www.caribbetech.com
There are two things here ... the one is a Cedula, which is roughly equivalent to a social security card in the US, a little card that says you are here for a certain period of time ... and the other is residencia.

Residence is what y'all are talking about here. Don't confuse the two!

SantiagoDR

The "REAL" SantiagoDR
Jan 12, 2006
Cedula / Residencia

Yes Chris, they are two different things. I was just clearing up the point of when they will get their cedula.

skyblue

Mar 20, 2006
I have heard conflicting information as to when I am able to bring in a container and a car without exorbitant taxes. I am applying for my cedula. I understand that there are two processes. The first is a provisional. Am I allowed to bring in my auto and furniture at that time or is it necessary to wait until I acutally have the cedula in my hand which is a year and one half more or less ? Anyone know?? Thanks. Richard

don't hold your breath, no such animal exists. you will always pay huge amt of taxes and bribes - no way around it. good luck!

Eddy

Silver
Jan 1, 2002

Like Zac says, do a search. Unless the rules have changed, you have 1 year from the date your provisional "Residence" is issued to bring in your personal belongings, including your car at a decent reduction in taxes etc. You have to be in the country to pick it up (residence), so before spending a lot of time and $$ to get your stuff over here, "except for the vehicle" look around for prices of buying it here. The appliances they sell here "most" are adapted for the electrical power services "sic" existing here. ie voltage changes, peaks etc. Your American stuff will probably "die" within a year. Buy LG (Made in wherever) products built to last.