Interpol Takes No Shyte.

Rocky

Honorificabilitudinitatibus
Apr 4, 2002
www.rockysbar.com
In the following news report, (Thanks to Lambada for link)http://www.diariohorizonte.com/view/articulonacional.aspx?articleid=10431&zoneid=48
Interpol makes it's position clear and puts the heat on DR authorities.
It's going to be difficult for them to sweep this one under the carpet.
It will be interesting to see what happens when the DR press gets a hold of this info. (Above link comes out of Connecticut)

Chris

Gold
Oct 21, 2002
www.caribbetech.com
Interesting, but did you see the 'disclaimer' at the bottom? I quote ...

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]"Dear Ms Canahuate - Diario Horizonte,

Thank you for your email and apologies for the delay in responding.

With regards to your enquiry, the Interpol official's name was misused and a clarification has since been issued by the national authorities.
We would therefore advise you to contact the Prosecutors office in the Dominican Republic who will be able to assist you with this matter further.

Regards,

Press Office
Interpol"

[/FONT]

Rocky

Apr 4, 2002
www.rockysbar.com
Interesting, but did you see the 'disclaimer' at the bottom? I quote ...

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]"Dear Ms Canahuate - Diario Horizonte,[/FONT]

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Thank you for your email and apologies for the delay in responding.[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]With regards to your enquiry, the Interpol official's name was misused and a clarification has since been issued by the national authorities. [/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]We would therefore advise you to contact the Prosecutors office in the Dominican Republic who will be able to assist you with this matter further.[/FONT]

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Regards,[/FONT]

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Press Office[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Interpol"[/FONT]
You bet I saw it ,and there's going to he** to pay.
The DR prosecutor's office is on the hot seat now.
BTW: I wouldn't call that a disclaimer, unless you are interpreting it differently than I am.

SKY

Gold
Apr 11, 2004
By the way, the word on the street is that if nothing significant happens by Monday regarding Justice for the shooting they will take to the streets on Monday. This time El Batey will be hit also.

Lambada

Gold
Mar 4, 2004
www.ginniebedggood.com
The Editor of Diario Horizonte contacted Interpol because an Interpol agent was being referred to by SD assistant Fiscal Bolivar Sanchez as being complicit together with the dead Fiscal Senor Ceballos in some act of extortion. Interpol are denying this version of events but sensibly and professionally they are not adding to speculation by going public with details. The version they reject is this one
Subjefe de la INTERPOL implicado en alegada extorsión junto al fiscal muerto en Puerto Plata

There is a further article in Diario Horizonte which says:
Como era de esperarse, la respuesta de esta institución no se ha hecho esperar y ante las investigaciones realizada por DIARIO HORIZONTE, el departamento de prensa de dicha entidad, en el día de hoy, negó categóricamente las versiones difundidas por distintos medios de comunicación de República Dominicana, atribuidas a declaraciones de los fiscales adjuntos, envueltos en el suceso.

La INTERPOL aseguró a este medio, que ya ha pedido a las autoridades judiciales dominicanas, una explicación del porqué se ha querido involucrar el nombre de un oficial suyo en acciones reñidas con la ley y las normas de esta institución, por lo que han exigido una aclaración sobre el particular, lo antes posible.

This can be located here:
LA PROCURADURIA ANTE UNA GRAN ENCRUCIJADA - Diario Horizonte - Noticias Dominicanas - Quisqueya

It is interesting that the email in English which the DH Editor received says
and a clarification has since been issued by the national authorities. because although Interpol may have received this clarification from the DR authorities, it would not appear to being shared with the rest of us by those same authorities!

We don't know whether there ever was any such Interpol agent, whether there was but he wasn't involved in extortion or whether the whole thing was a part truth or a complete fabrication. What we do know is that Interpol is not best pleased and that they contacted the Procuradoria General's office.

I think also Chris that the reason I don't view it as a 'disclaimer' in the way you indicated is because of info picked up in Puerto Plata on Tuesday. I didn't want to post that info because it would have fuelled the rumour mill although I did pass it on to Rocky because I'm sure there is equally as much, if not more, word on the street down in Sosua. It's beginning to look as if some of Tuesday's info isn't quite so off the wall as I originally thought. If the rest of it turns out to be true............well, time for another 'purge' this time of a different institution.

SD Fiscal Hernandez Peguero coincidentally saying that number of Fiscals and judges involved in drug trafficking is alarming
El Nuevo Diario

Last edited:

Rocky

Apr 4, 2002
www.rockysbar.com
Y'all don't like 'disclaimer' (with little accent marks around it) :cheeky: What would you call it then?
I was probably misinterpreting the way you used the word.
Heck, back in the wild, wild, West, disclaimer, was the dude who just registered his claim on a gold mine:ermm: :bunny: :bunny: :bunny:

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
I received information that the fiscal was trying to pressure one of Interpol's people and one of the DNCD officials that were involved in shady dealing. In other words, he had them by the shorties...

No way Interpol is going to admit that one of their people was involved in any of this.

I do not expect any of this to become public knowledge.

hB

HOWMAR

Silver
Jan 28, 2004
I find it a bit strange that Interpols supposed official response that an Interpol official's name was misused was issued by an unnamed Interpol official.
Regards,

Press Office
Interpol"

Lambada

Gold
Mar 4, 2004
www.ginniebedggood.com
It will be interesting to see what happens when the DR press gets a hold of this info.

It appears the DR press hasn't or if it has it isn't saying anything. Nothing in any of today's papers that I can see. Interesting, eh? I wonder why?

All I could find was an item saying enquiry would be made public next week. And Attorney General has instructed the 2 SD Fiscals not to talk to press (at last!). And a rather bellicose reader's letter............
El Nuevo Diario

Lambada

Gold
Mar 4, 2004
www.ginniebedggood.com
It might get better than sacrificial lambs...

Lots going on in Puerto Plata in the last few days. It seems that lawyers and journalists are joining forces and making a more 'middle class' protest than the huelgas. There was a meeting on Wednesday as a result of which a letter has been delivered to Governor (for President) and local Fiscalaria (for Attorney General) via a peaceful march. Also Dominican College of Lawyers has taken a half page paid space in El Faro which has their letter addressed to President, Attorney General and the 3 Fiscals who are existing members of the investigation.

They are asking for membership of the investigation team to be expanded. Currently it is 3 members of Attorney Generals staff (3 Fiscals). Lawyers are asking for an impartial independent enquiry. I don't think they're knocking the 3 Fiscals but they want others outside of Attorney General's office so that not only is justice done in this investigation but it is seen to be done. Some of the journalists are fed up with being 'used' by being given duff information by Government authorities. Dominican College of Lawyers is also asking that investigations be taken to ultimate conclusions and that those found culpable are not just sanctioned by their own hierarchy but are also prosecuted.

I think this is really good news. Most encouraging. Don't know if they'll get the independent enquiry and if they do it may slow up results a bit, but better to have slower but impartial results than a rapid result which is a cover up.

When El Faro goes online I'll put the links up (except to the paid space, they never put those online).

Lambada

Gold
Mar 4, 2004
www.ginniebedggood.com
The preliminary report into Fiscal Ceballos' death was handed to Attorney General today. If you scroll down on the link you will see that the Foundation which supports the Public Ministry and the International Federation of Colleges and Associations of Antillean Lawyers has asked for the widening of the investigatory commission to include reps. from Church, National Commission for Human Rights and civil society.
El Nacional, la voz de todos