US$ in Jarabacoa

PhillyJames

Jul 6, 2006
I am traveling to Jarabacoa in April and wanted to know if US$ is widely accepted in town? Also, if anyone knows of any bars / restaurants / supermarkets in Jarabacoa please let me know.

Thanks!

suarezn

Gold
Feb 3, 2002
You're much better off just exchanging some US$ into pesos. Do not exchange at the airport as you'll get ripped off. There are plenty of exchange houses all over the place...

In Jarabacoa you may want to visit a place called Vistas del Yaque where you can go swimming and it has several bars and restaurants with several levels you can sit at. Very nice place to spend the day...

It is about 20 minutes outside of town. I think the little "town" is called Las Guazaras.

There's also a place called La Confluencia where three different rivers meet. You can see the sign for this place as you come into town.

There are also plenty of bars and restaurants right downtown. It is a small town, so you should have no problem finding these just by driving up and down the main streets.

TimH

Aug 4, 2004
www.guesthouse-jarabacoa.com
Provided that you want to pay a realistic price for everything you need to change your US$ in Pesos.
There are several exchange-offices all over the town. So far the best rates give out "La Fria (at the beginning of the Ave.Norberto Tiburcio)" and "New York Exchange (Calle Mario Nelson Galan near the Parque Duarte-around the corner from "Deli Cafe")".

Last edited: