My hotmail is hacked again :(

AZB

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
Guys, this is the 2nd time someone has hacked my hotmail account and has changed my password. Now I can't log onto my hotmail or messenger. So all of my buddies who talk to me on msn messenger, please be carefull, it may not be me who you are talking to. Seems like some kids have too much time at hand. I know of many other people who have gotten hacked by others for fun.
I will be using my other msn hotmail to log in.
Is there any way to secure hotmail account? Seems like any kid with some hacking knowledge can hack anyone's hotmail. The last guy who hacked me had me confused with some other person and did it to punish him, but he got me instead. This time, I have no idea who is the hacker.
AZB

CFA123

Silver
May 29, 2004
A few thoughts...
1) Make certain you have an alternate e-mail account set up for your account. If you get locked out, you can choose to have your password reset and sent to the secondary e-mail you have set up. That let's you get back in quickly & reset your password on the hacked account, which will essentially lock the interlopers out again.
2) Include at least one number and a punctuation mark in your password.
DR2AZB! would not be guessed easily and takes a lot longer for password-cracking software to get the right combination
3) Make certain the answer to your 'secret question' is not easily guessed. If someone types in your password several times incorrectly, they're prompted to answer that question. If they can guess that, they're into your account. And a family member could very easily know your favorite pet's name and get into the account.

Lastly, I seldom hear of anyone having a hotmail account password hacked.

Do you ever log in from computers other than your own?
It's possible to put keylogging software on computers.
A cybercafe employee or even nosy co-worker or family member can do this and go back and read all your keystrokes without you being aware. One more reason for good anti-virus software as they'll detect this.

Rocky

Honorificabilitudinitatibus
Apr 4, 2002
www.rockysbar.com
You're doing something wrong, Aftab.
This can't happen twice, without some pattern here.
CFA mentions a key logger tool.
If you're logging in sometimes on a comp other than your own, they can have a key logger that will give them your passwords after you leave.
I suggest you do what you did last time to get it resolved, and give me a phonecall when you have 10 minutes to spare, so we can go over what you are doing that puts you at risk.

Squat

Tropical geek in Las Terrenas
Jan 1, 2002
Use Yahoo! Mail, or Gmail... They are better, anyway...

Yes and NO

Use Yahoo! Mail, or Gmail... They are better, anyway...

They work great but if you are using a computer that has a keylogger installed it doesnt matter what mail client you use, if AZB were to access his bank online, the keylogger would have that password also.

Be very careful when using computers in internet cafes, libraries etc. and keep a good spyware program resident on your own computer.

good read Spy Proofing Your Computer - Stop Keyloggers

El Tigre

El Tigre de DR1 - Moderator
Jan 23, 2003
CFA mentions a key logger tool.
If you're logging in sometimes on a comp other than your own, they can have a key logger that will give them your passwords after you leave

This is a very good point. There are TONS of these programs ANDDDD free of charge. I have seen how these things work and they track every keystroke, every screen you open EVERYTHING. So be careful. You might be using someone's machine that has this tool.

AZB

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
Ok, here is the deal. If someone hacks my account then he goes into my account and changes my alternative e mail and also my secret question. So now I am all left out.
Now I do not use anyone's pc, I have 3 PCs so I don't need to log on to someone else. I think its one of my friends or someone who hates me. Maybe some women from sankie forum????
Well, I will just get a new e mail address and give it out to just friends and also download a key logger removal software. Lets see it that would help.
AZB

margaret

Bronze
Aug 9, 2006
Ok, here is the deal. If someone hacks my account then he goes into my account and changes my alternative e mail and also my secret question. So now I am all left out.
Now I do not use anyone's pc, I have 3 PCs so I don't need to log on to someone else. I think its one of my friends or someone who hates me. Maybe some women from sankie forum????
Well, I will just get a new e mail address and give it out to just friends and also download a key logger removal software. Lets see it that would help.
AZB

Some of us work in IT so beware! :paranoid:
You have to quit using passwords like... "Santiago" "iamtheman" "deathtomiguel" :cheeky:

It's proababbly a jealous ex ...

I was hacked once by an ex. And I hacked him back...
Secret question: Pet's name... nothing really interesting to read.

Wag

Feb 4, 2005
The question is how did you get a keylogger in the first place.

This is my current setup:

1) Use always a hardware router, anything that has NAT and has packet inspection. IF you use a wireless router always configure it to filter only the MAC address on your computer and also use WEP or WPA.
2) Use a software firewall: Windows XP has one or the one I use is Zonealarm.
3) Virus and spyware software: I use AVG and Ewido (both free)
AVG Free Advisor: AVG Anti-Virus Free
and lastly:

Use hard passwords:

Tips:

1) Use simple encryption, computer speak, numbers and a different language together.

Example:

I will use the words: bull, short, 67 and 2007
"bull" I leave the same
"short" y use spanish "enano" and then use computer speak "3n@n0"
"67" I leave the same
"2007" I use a simple encryption technique like, I use the int.characters in my keyboard that represent 2007 = "@))&"

the password will look like:

bull3n@n067@))&

hard? maybe if you are not used to it, but eventually it will become a second nature.

AZB

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
yikexxx, how did you guess my password "deathtomiguel"????
Actually my password was somewhat difficult and my secret question's answer is impossible for someone to crack. Actually I forgot my secret question, so you can guess it must have been a hard one.
You think its miguel who is doing this to me?
Maybe DV8? Might me sunshine79 from dade county?
Not sure.
AZB

AZB

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
the password will look like:

bull3n@n067@))&

hard? maybe if you are not used to it, but eventually it will become a second nature.

Man, how could you be so silly enough to post your password on the public board? I just tried your password and guess what? I am in and logged on your hotmail. By the way, nice pictures of transvestites, some kinky stuff there my man. hahahahaha.
AZB

HOWMAR

Silver
Jan 28, 2004
You think its miguel who is doing this to me?
Maybe DV8? Might me sunshine79 from dade county?
Not sure.
AZB
CIA, FBI, NSA, DHS? These days you never know who is accessing your e-mail.:paranoid:

helpmann

On Vacation!
May 18, 2004
False Solicitation?

You may have been solicited by email to log-on onto a false online retail site like "Amazon.net" or "EBAY.net." After entering your email login and password, the hacker would be able to access not only your hotmail account, but your "EBAY.com" and "Amazon.com" accounts as well.

-Helpmann :(

riravaga

Feb 24, 2005
Same happened to my, they do it to my hotmail and yahoo account and sent me sms to my cell phone asking me for money so the will revel my mails jajajaja, they are still waiting for my money. They wanted 1,000.00 dominican pesos if I wanted to recover my accounts.

Rocky

Honorificabilitudinitatibus
Apr 4, 2002
www.rockysbar.com
You may have been solicited by email to log-on onto a false online retail site like "Amazon.net" or "EBAY.net." After entering your email login and password, the hacker would be able to access not only your hotmail account, but your "EBAY.com" and "Amazon.com" accounts as well.

-Helpmann :(
Very possible.

Sep 19, 2005
Man, how could you be so silly enough to post your password on the public board? I just tried your password and guess what? I am in and logged on your hotmail. By the way, nice pictures of transvestites, some kinky stuff there my man. hahahahaha.
AZB

you seem to have gotten over it.....

get that straightened out...I have some pictures i could send you....did you get the ones of the chick at BIU pub in the pink outfit........remember I didnt only take pictures that you POSED for ... ha ha ha ha

you didnt show up at rockys for T day

bob

johne

Silver
Jun 28, 2003
AZB--now that someone has your hotmail acct. could you please forward to me (by PM please) your Amex number as I need to get a quick start on my Christmas shopping.

Chris

Gold
Oct 21, 2002
www.caribbetech.com
Same happened to my, they do it to my hotmail and yahoo account and sent me sms to my cell phone asking me for money so the will revel my mails jajajaja, they are still waiting for my money. They wanted 1,000.00 dominican pesos if I wanted to recover my accounts.

Goodness gracious ... 'mailnapping' ... must be the latest form of kidnapping!

Sep 19, 2005
or AZB.... since your account is under suspect...maybe I should post all those pioctures here....and you can just save them... ha ha ha ha

bob