Hotel Atlantis, Casa Grande oder Acaya at Playa Bonita?

uffe

Nov 27, 2006
Hello,
I have a hard time making my decision on a hotel at playa bonita.
Does anybody have recommondation about the hotels? Hotel Atlantis, Casa Grande? Anybody heard something about Acaya Hotel?
Which Hotel has the best location at the beach? Where do we get the nicest room? Has anybody been in those Hotels lately?
Thanks for your help,
uffe

Squat

Tropical geek in Las Terrenas
Jan 1, 2002
Atlantis has the best food of the regon... I would go for Atlantis... Acaya is good too, worth a look, I would consider it as the second choice if Atlantis of full...

Haven't had lunch in Casa Grande for ages, so I can't coment...

mountainfrog

On Vacation!
Dec 8, 2003
www.domrep-info.com
Good Choice

...Hotel Atlantis, Casa Grande? Anybody heard something about Acaya Hotel?
Which Hotel has the best location at the beach?
All three mentioned hotels are on the same 500m stretch of beach between them.
Atlantis is said to have very good food, Acaya has a nice private atmosphere and its food is also praised by clients.

As far as I know the administration of Casa Grande has changed some time ago and I haven't been there since then.

m'frog

BAMullins

Oct 28, 2004
www.dominicancrossroads.com
We had stayed in Las Terranas twice before, at the the Palapa Beach Resort (also nice), but always ended up at Playa Bonita anyway, so we decided to stay there this time. We spent two nights at Atlantis and couldn't have been happier. Martina (at reception) to great care of us. Our room (the Damascus) was clean and well-equipped for our family. The beach was wonderful, too. And the food is the best in the area. Enjoy!

WebDev

Jan 1, 2002
samana.net
We had stayed in Las Terranas twice before, at the the Palapa Beach Resort (also nice), but always ended up at Playa Bonita anyway, so we decided to stay there this time. We spent two nights at Atlantis and couldn't have been happier. Martina (at reception) to great care of us. Our room (the Damascus) was clean and well-equipped for our family. The beach was wonderful, too. And the food is the best in the area. Enjoy!

Atlantis get my vote also, rooms are very nice, food is excellent and the beach is just a few feet away, nothing to complain.

WebDev

uffe

Nov 27, 2006
Thanks for your replies

Thanks for replying promptly all the time. Is there any more information out there? especially about Acaya hotel? By the way, which is the place to be in Las Galeras, since we want to stay there for a couple of days as well?

Uffe

WebDev

Jan 1, 2002
samana.net
Thanks for replying promptly all the time. Is there any more information out there? especially about Acaya hotel? By the way, which is the place to be in Las Galeras, since we want to stay there for a couple of days as well?

Uffe

Information in French only, on Hotel Acaya Punta Bonita here: hotelacaya dot com rooms from $50 to $86 breakfast included, extra for A/C or demi pension (lunch and dinner $27/person) food is delicious, almost as excellent as Atlantis. Free Wi-Fi internet access.

In Las Galeras, "the place to be" or not to be? That is the question.
You could PM me for impartial advice, from a travelers point of view. One room hotel, private villa, cabanas, apartments, I visit or stay at most of them over the years.
Regards,
WebDev