gypsies in DR

BoricuaChica

May 11, 2006
I come from Romany and Puerto Rican heritage and i was curious to know how they are seen in the dominican republic (Gypsies that is) i know they have a bad reputation over the world MOST in europe..thanx

Mirador

On Permanent Vacation!
Apr 15, 2004
I come from Romany and Puerto Rican heritage and i was curious to know how they are seen in the dominican republic (Gypsies that is) i know they have a bad reputation over the world MOST in europe..thanx

Boricua, trying hard not to be facetious, but how can you tell who's a Romany? kinky hair?, dark skin?, big feet? As a matter of fact, how can you tell you're a Boricua? If you really, really want to find out if Gypsies have a bad reputation in the DR, I suggest you walk up to a bar and yell at the patrons, "I'm a Gypsie, the drinks are on me!", and then make up your mind from their response...

Russian

Aug 27, 2004
www.partbeamsystech.com
Boricua, let us know in which bar you will conduct this social study, so other interested parties could get there on time and not miss the first round...

More seriously - living between Dominicans I never heard anything said about Gypsies. I doubt that there is any strong perception which is already formed in Dominican culture. Maybe I'm wrong, but then more seasoned DR1ers will correct me.

So by doing the proposed experiment you will actually start forming a Gipsy perception in DR; later you could write a bestseller about your participation in making history and shaping cultures. Don?t forget to share royalties with Mirador?

Last edited: