Cofresi

Status
Not open for further replies.

chacha777

Dec 2, 2006
Any info on Cofresi beach area? Are there any shows suitable for families to see other than Ocean World?

wishingiwasthere

Nov 19, 2005
Hi Chacha

Trying to help as much as possible - although I have only spent one day there myself.

Ocean World IS Cofresi in the way of entertainment. There is a great resturant ( Teddies Island BBQ ) and a couple of other resturants to my knowledge - but apart from that its living accomodataion and hotels.

IM there myself from the 15th Jan - so if any other people know of any more please let me know!!

Dan

NJguy

Oct 13, 2006
Hi Chacha,

I know in the Cofressi beach area there is new authentic Dominican restaurant opening up in a week or two. The restaurant is inside of the Hacienda Resorts complex but is not owned by Hacienda, meaning that you can pay cash and dont need an allinclusive bracelet. I believe that the restaurant is going to be called Dos Indios and will have different events on the outside patio. I hope this helps.

chacha777

Dec 2, 2006
I understand Cofresi beach is not that long and is walkable. We are staying in a house and was interested to know of things in walking distance. Can you go to different hotels to watch entertainment without staying at that hotel? Other places I've gone you can. I guess there are restaurants or the like to eat at in this area?

wishingiwasthere

Nov 19, 2005
Got to try Teddies Island BBQ.

WOW - Really good food in really big portions!

Dan & Jenni
Not long now till we're back!

abnor

Nov 7, 2006
Cove

Cofresi is in a cove and yes the beech is walkable. There is actually a path to Costambar the community to the east....or there was on my last vist 2 years ago. In Cofresi there is Teddy's as mentioned already and Chris & Mady's for food and televised games. The Lifestyle resort has at least one rest. open to the public. I think you can purchase a day pass to use the other resort facilities. Cofresi is on the the side of a hill (I am from mountainous Alberta) so depending on where the villa is you might be hiking.

chacha777

Dec 2, 2006
Thanks for all the info guys. This may sound like a dumb ? but is there alot of sea food there? Been to Barbados and thinking it was on an ocean there would be but had a hard time finding and was expensive. Things like lobster, shrimp, or crab. Lots of other fish though.

abnor

Nov 7, 2006
Seafood is basically what I eat in the DR. Chris & Mady's has great shrimp and lobster. I haven't seen much crab. Oh yes Oysters from time to time are a treat. Last night I had a great time with google earth. I followed the coast from POP could identify landmarks in Cofresi. Ocean World looks great! 9 days and counting for me!

Conchman

Silver
Jul 3, 2002
www.oceanworld.net
Seafood is basically what I eat in the DR. Chris & Mady's has great shrimp and lobster. I haven't seen much crab. Oh yes Oysters from time to time are a treat. Last night I had a great time with google earth. I followed the coast from POP could identify landmarks in Cofresi. Ocean World looks great! 9 days and counting for me!

Don't eat Dominican river oysters, they collect and concentrate all the sewerage that comes down the river.

abnor

Nov 7, 2006
Okay.....that was a great description! maybe they are not such a great treat. May never be able to face another!

enos234

Nov 30, 2006
Ponderosa...?

what about Ponderosa? Is that still there? I heard it was a great restaurant.

It seems most of the discussion is around Cofresi Bay which is fab, but what about the town site of Vias Cofresi on the other side of the highway?

What's that like? Is it cool/safe to wonder around there? I heard it was a nice place...what's it like?

Is it feasible to walk from Lifestyle Tropical (Hacienda) to the town site?

I'm going for Christmas/New Years....yeehaw!!

Status
Not open for further replies.