Need Wrapping paper.

Rocky

Honorificabilitudinitatibus
Apr 4, 2002
www.rockysbar.com
I'm looking for Christmas wrapping paper.
I need different colours for identifying boys-girls-toddlers presents from the outside.(Red-Green-Blue_Yellow)
As usual, all I can find in large quantities,(the shiny stuff) is in POP and it costs 30 pesos per yard.
We'll be needing 500 yards or more.
One of our friends, Downtown Mike, is going to try to bring some on the 15th from Canada, but we need some in the meantime, plus there's a limit of how much he will be able to bring.
I don't care if it's patterned or plain.
Anyone know where I can get it cheaper?
Blowing 500 bucks on wrapping paper really cuts into the Christmas gift budget.
Thanks, Marco.

FireGuy

Rest in peace Amigo!
Aug 21, 2002
www.polaris-fs.com
Hey Marco,

Giselle and I will be arriving on the 15th also and staying in POP. We'll bring what we can and get it to you as soon after we arrive as is possible. For packing simplicity we'll concentrate on flat folded wrapping paper which is primarily the base colours you have specified.

See you later this month.

Gregg

cobraboy

Pro-Bono Demolition Hobbyist
Jul 24, 2004
I will try. I'll probably flatten it, too. See you the 17th.

Rocky

Apr 4, 2002
www.rockysbar.com
Hey Marco,

Giselle and I will be arriving on the 15th also and staying in POP. We'll bring what we can and get it to you as soon after we arrive as is possible. For packing simplicity we'll concentrate on flat folded wrapping paper which is primarily the base colours you have specified.

See you later this month.

Gregg
Thanks a million.
The 2 prime colours are red & blue, to identify boys from girls.
It would not matter what the 3rd colour is for toddlers, as we'll know that anything that is not red or blue, is for them.
Really appreciate it.

Rocky

Apr 4, 2002
www.rockysbar.com
I'll still be needing some for now.
The natives are getting restless at Rocky's and are dying for me to let them put the tree up and start wrapping.
Bruno has already figured out which bag has the tennis balls, and goes to get a new one each time he wants to play, but he does know to not touch the wrapped presents.
PS: Anyone seeing any less expensive stuff anywhere from Santiago Northbound, please let me know.

Lambada

Gold
Mar 4, 2004
www.ginniebedggood.com
When I go out shopping tomorrow I'll get you some crepe paper. Comes in different colours but not in sheets, so you have to cut it. But from memory it is cheaper than the shiny, wrapping paper.

Steve Costa Azul

I love Rocky's Ribs!
Jul 15, 2006
Rocky
My wife will go out a little later and get some red & blue wrapping paper in the flat format (for shipping). I will add up the square ft she gets and get you the total. Only 9 more days! Gosh does time fly!
Steve

Rocky

Apr 4, 2002
www.rockysbar.com
When I go out shopping tomorrow I'll get you some crepe paper. Comes in different colours but not in sheets, so you have to cut it. But from memory it is cheaper than the shiny, wrapping paper.
Thanks Lambada, but I would be glad to go get it myself, if you know where to get it.
I'll be making several trips to POP.
PS: That sounded wrong, lol.
What I am saying is, that this post was just to find out where to get it, and although I appreciate all the generous offers, I certainly don't expect people to go out and do my work for me.
Thanks a million, Lambada.

Last edited:

hifiman

Jul 13, 2005
it's our pleasure

Rocky I don't think anybody minds or thinks they are doing your work for you.

It is a huge undertaking that you are putting together and believe me the help is well deserved.
hifiman

FireGuy

Rest in peace Amigo!
Aug 21, 2002
www.polaris-fs.com
Hey, if we're late or we happen to bring too much, just save it for next year...

And next year ask in early November and you might have even more money to use for gifts - no one minds helping. You're NOT alone.

Gregg

Rocky

Apr 4, 2002
www.rockysbar.com
Hey, if we're late or we happen to bring too much, just save it for next year...

And next year ask in early November and you might have even more money to use for gifts - no one minds helping. You're NOT alone.

Gregg
Albeit good advice, I will never start it before December.
I'm concerned that something would happen to me and/or the money, then it would be just another one of those scam charity things.
I don't mind it costing me, in fact, I like it.
It's my time and turn to give, and nothing gives me more pleasure.

cobraboy

Pro-Bono Demolition Hobbyist
Jul 24, 2004
Albeit good advice, I will never start it before December.
I'm concerned that something would happen to me and/or the money, then it would be just another one of those scam charity things.
I don't mind it costing me, in fact, I like it.
It's my time and turn to give, and nothing gives me more pleasure.
I may have a bunch in Santiago. You know someone who could make a delivcery to Sosua? The fiance can't do it.

Lambada

Gold
Mar 4, 2004
www.ginniebedggood.com
Thanks Lambada, but I would be glad to go get it myself, if you know where to get it.

You know & I know that if I name a place that had it last week by the time you or I get there tomorrow they won't have ;) so I'll go on the hunt tomorrow and will let you know when it is securely in my hot little hand. Absolutely no trouble at all.

rellosk

Silver
Mar 18, 2002
I am tentatively planning on being there on the 29th, send me a PM if you'll still need paper by then.

Steve Costa Azul

I love Rocky's Ribs!
Jul 15, 2006
Wrapping Paper

Rocky
My wife will go out a little later and get some red & blue wrapping paper in the flat format (for shipping). I will add up the square ft she gets and get you the total. Only 9 more days! Gosh does time fly!
Steve

Rocky
Quick update, my wife, Karie, did get out and grabbed red and blue paper for the kiddies. 500 square ft of it, 250 of each colour (note the Canadian spelling).
We are arriving on Dec 13th to our villa in Cabarete so we will pass Sosua, so we could drop it off and have a cold drink! The kids might be too eager to get to the house but either way, we will get it to you quickly.
I don't even know where "Rocky's" is exactly, I'll check out your web site and find it. Remember, my family (Steve, Karie, Tucker, Jackson and Cassidy) are attending the new years shin-dig! Can't wait!
Hey, thanks for the exchanging cash info too, on the other thread. Maybe I'll bring over enough for your helicopter, so you can pick up your bud's in Punta Cana! Lol