Verizon? DSL Internet Service?

gringosabroso

Oct 16, 2004
I live in Puerto Plata; I've ad Verizon DSL for 3 - 3 1/2 years. Generally? OK to good to VG; I'd give it a B, overall.
Recently? It seems to have deteriorated; over the past week +-? Slower, with many interruptions. Anybody else having the same type problems? In POP? Elsewhere? Thank you.

Kemo

Nov 2, 2006
Just to let you know!!!!!! the Ultramarine cable that links Dominican Republic and Puerto Rico which is run by Nuworld a data company in the USA which services Verizon Comunications PR and DR Operations suffer a Damage!!!! Today the News over here said that was the problem with PRTC ( Verizon Subdivision) D-Max dsl as confronting slow speeds but divers were send to fixed the problem!!! I know that you have said that it has been slow for several weeks over there maybe this will make it worst. Also remember that the Switch of Nuworld is in Puerto rico and that is were the divers are fixing the problem. Also understand that in P.R we have the largest data satellite run by ultracom in Latinamerica and i have been told even thou speeds in P.R are slow but not as slow as in the D.R!!!!!!

Squat

Tropical geek in Las Terrenas
Jan 1, 2002
Amazing ! As our ADSL service in Las Terrenas (Verizon Internet Flash) is just as fast as usual... We had our share of slow-downs in early september... But it seems to be all fixed now...

I do however have many friends up in the lomas using Starband satellite internet, and they seem to be very happy with their speed...

Rocky

Honorificabilitudinitatibus
Apr 4, 2002
www.rockysbar.com
I live in Puerto Plata; I've ad Verizon DSL for 3 - 3 1/2 years. Generally? OK to good to VG; I'd give it a B, overall.
Recently? It seems to have deteriorated; over the past week +-? Slower, with many interruptions. Anybody else having the same type problems? In POP? Elsewhere? Thank you.
I can't remember if you were in on the thread that talked about changing the DNS numbers.
If not, let me know, and I'll find the link.

PS: Here it is. http://www.dr1.com/forums/living/54898-internet-speed-solution.html?highlight=internet+speed