Armando Restaurant Puerto Plata

planner

.............. ?
Sep 23, 2002
3 of us went out for dinner in Puerto Plata on Sunday night. Other friends had given this restaurant great reviews so we decided to try it.

It is located on calle Beller just at the intersection where Metro Bus terminal is ( around the corner from Tropical Supermarket). The restaurant is smallish (seats 40) completely air conditioned and has a beautiful ambiance.

They have all the tables set nicely, not too close together. THe staff is very good, english speaking and very attentive. And the owner is charming.

They specialize in seafood but offer a real variety on the menu. Prices are not cheap but this is not a cheap experience. Neither are they expensive or out of line!

We enjoyed a nice meal: chicken teriyaki for me was wonderful. One friend had the calamari, breaded and the prawns and fettucini for her main course. The other one started with a chicken crepe that was big enough to be a whole meal and then also had chicken teriyaki. We were too full to even think about desert! Next time, they have a chocolate brownie on the menu with my name on it.

I would not hesitate to recommend this restaurant. They are open daily from noon to 3 pm and then 7pm to 11pm. It is only a quick 7 minute ride by taxi from Playa Dorada too! If you need to call 809-586-3391.

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
i agree with planner. great food and great service. the downside is the size of portions, huge! no way i could squeeze in a dessert.... sadly...