La Vega - Where to buy self defense weapons?

ravicai

Dec 5, 2006
Where can I go to buy stuff like stun guns, mace, guns, etc?

I'm only looking to buy a stun gun for a little science experiment I'm doing. I've seen mace everywhere but no stun guns :ermm:

canadian bob

Bronze
Jan 16, 2002

I'm only looking to buy a stun gun for a little science experiment I'm doing. I've seen mace everywhere but no stun guns :ermm:

A "Little SCIENCE" experiment.......Let me guess....You plan on trying to knock down a donkey? Give me a break..... Your (first) post leaves me..... stunned! Canadian Bob.

ravicai

Dec 5, 2006
A "Little SCIENCE" experiment.......Let me guess....You plan on trying to knock down a donkey? Give me a break..... Your (first) post leaves me..... stunned! Canadian Bob.

My 'little experiment' has nothing to do with animals or people. I simply need the high voltage generated by the stun gun.

So, does anyone know where I can get a stun gun? I need answers not bad jokes.

BushBaby

Silver
Jan 1, 2002
www.casabush.org
I looked into this subject some 6 months ago & only found them via internet (try eBay or do a search on Taser/stun guns).

My research here in the DR came up a blank (or should that be 'with a short circuit'??). You could order one from the US, get special permission to have it sent down (or for a friend travelling down with it) & have your taser or other stun gun within months!!

If it is for a science experiment, why not go the whole hog & develop your own? ~ Grahame.

Russian

Aug 27, 2004
www.partbeamsystech.com
ravicai, if you just need a high voltage source, you can make it from flyback transformer for TV or ignition coil for car and a few electronics parts, all together costing probably less then US$50 and available here. You can search on the net for circuitry, or PM me - I could send you some schematics.

What on the Earth are you building that requires high voltage source in DR - bug-zapper to eradicate mosquitoes and resolve Dengue problem? Or electric fence to keep ladrones away? In the latter case go for high-power Tesla coil and turn ladrones into chicharron on the spot, will scare the hell out of your neighbors also. You could later sell the "chicharron de ladrones" to recover some of the project costs (wink).

Russian

Aug 27, 2004
www.partbeamsystech.com
In the other thought I want to apologize to ravicai for the jokes in the second half of my post - I could not resist a little humor when thinking about possible applications for high voltage source in DR environment. Offer to help was serious though.

Last edited:

Don Juan

Living Brain Donor
Dec 5, 2003

Planning a heist?

Don Juan

Living Brain Donor
Dec 5, 2003
Haaaaa!

go for high-power Tesla coil and turn ladrones into chicharron on the spot, will scare the hell out of your neighbors also. You could later sell the "chicharron de ladrones" to recover some of the project costs (wink).[/QUOTE]

Oh, gowd, I haven't laught this much in a while......Russian, You extremely witty!!:laugh: :laugh:

ravicai

Dec 5, 2006
ravicai, if you just need a high voltage source, you can make it from flyback transformer for TV or ignition coil for car and a few electronics parts, all together costing probably less then US$50 and available here. You can search on the net for circuitry, or PM me - I could send you some schematics.

What on the Earth are you building that requires high voltage source in DR - bug-zapper to eradicate mosquitoes and resolve Dengue problem? Or electric fence to keep ladrones away? In the latter case go for high-power Tesla coil and turn ladrones into chicharron on the spot, will scare the hell out of your neighbors also. You could later sell the "chicharron de ladrones" to recover some of the project costs (wink).

LMAO! Chicharrones... the only thing funnier then your post was the mental picture I just had. Man, don't give me anymore ideas. It's bad enough I'm a 'pryo'.

I appreciate your suggestions. Actually, I had already thought about making my own with a flyback transformer, but it's easier and cheaper to just use a stun gun (less then $20 on eBay). I think I'll just buy a few on my next US trip.

In the meantime I've rigged up a simple household lighter for the ignition on my "yuca gun" (potatoes cost more). Later I'll replace it with a stun gun. :eek:gre:

Lambada

Gold
Mar 4, 2004
www.ginniebedggood.com
In the meantime I've rigged up a simple household lighter for the ignition on my "yuca gun" (potatoes cost more). Later I'll replace it with a stun gun. :eek:gre:

You shoot yucca in your neck of the woods? Never knew veggies could be so dangerous. What did they do.....home invasion? robbery with malice aforethought? embezzlement? No, I got it! They're organising a punta de drogas aren't they? ;)

zak023

Done and dusted!
Feb 8, 2006
Go to Barahona and ask a Haitain to buy you a sawed off shotgun..This is the best self defense weapon..With a stun gun you have to be right on top of the perp....

El Vegano

Apr 20, 2006
a lot of posts and most not helpful ...

There is an armory behind the army base, right on the corner at the light, in front of the baseball fields, on the Avenue going out of town to Santo Domingo.

I visited last week and they have mostly pistols and guns, mace and stun guns but the ones you must press against someone's body directly; not the kind that shoots out with the wires--those are reserved for military and police only.

Curiously, you can buy a shotgun but a .22 is not available for civilian use, only military. Go figure.

Estrella1

Jan 13, 2006
Stun guns

Can somebody tell me if stun guns (also Taser) are legal here in Dominican Republic and also if it is possible to buy and bring them from the States in the luggage without any problem. I don't know anything about all of this but I'm looking for something to defend myself. In the future I'll buy a gun. For those who can read French, you can have a look at my blog : Skyblog de estrella-star : Pourquoi j'habite en R?publique dominicaine (from #109) to know about my "bad" experience here in the country.
Is it safe to buy a stun gun, is there a place or somebody who can teach me how to use it,.... ? I am living in Puerto Plata. Thank you very much.